Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Importing e-mail

Importing e-mail

Ben Dover

Doing a new installation on a new hard drive.
I am would like to import the e-mail off the old hard
drive to the new one. Using outlook express, win98SE,
anyone know were its all hidden??

TIA

madknoxie

In article <VTqHb.42286$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Doing a new installation on a new hard drive.
> I am would like to import the e-mail off the old hard
> drive to the new one. Using outlook express, win98SE,
> anyone know were its all hidden??

Try this site, very informative and easy to follow instructions:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

And here is the section on backing up and restoring:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

--
madknoxie
Yes; we'll have true broadband here when everyone else has moved to

T.N.O.

Ben Dover wrote:
> Doing a new installation on a new hard drive.
> I am would like to import the e-mail off the old hard
> drive to the new one. Using outlook express, win98SE,
> anyone know were its all hidden??

search for *.dbx and all shall be revealed.

Steve Robertson

In article <VTqHb.42286$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Doing a new installation on a new hard drive.
>I am would like to import the e-mail off the old hard
>drive to the new one. Using outlook express, win98SE,
>anyone know were its all hidden??

search for *.dbx then go up one directory for the import dir.(*.wab is adress book, *.mbx is old
OExpress)