Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows XP Pro - "write to CD" Explorer option.

Windows XP Pro - "write to CD" Explorer option.

Lukagain

Hi folks,
I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
this option asap.
How to ?

E. Scrooge

"Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
> this option asap.
> How to ?

Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.

E. Scrooge

Lukagain

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:22:58 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
<(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote:

>"Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi folks,
>> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
>> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
>> this option asap.
>> How to ?

>Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
>then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
>
>E. Scrooge

The "write to cd" option isn't available in "send to" either. Stopped
using this software >6 months ago, and now can't seem to "see" the
option anywhere....

Has Bill singled me out for this dastardly treatment, or not ?

Lebowski

"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
news:bskt5b$jee$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi folks,
> > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
> > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
> > this option asap.
> > How to ?

> Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
> then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
>
> E. Scrooge

If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and enable
it.

Lukagain

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:45:17 +1300, "Lebowski"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
>news:bskt5b$jee$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi folks,
>> > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
>> > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
>> > this option asap.
>> > How to ?

>> Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
>> then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
>>
>> E. Scrooge
>>

>If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
>Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
>Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and enable
>it.

Excellent response, Scooge. Sadly, hasn't fixed the prob. Followed
your instructions & agree they should have worked. Now reckon that
something else is prohibiting it being effectively enable. CDClone,
Nero, or somesuch.

Thanks again though........

L.

E. Scrooge

"Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:45:17 +1300, "Lebowski"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
> >news:bskt5b$jee$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Lukagain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a

file,
> >> then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
> >>
> >> E. Scrooge
> >>

> >If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative

Tools\Computer
> >Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
> >Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and

enable
> >it.
> >

> Excellent response, Scooge. Sadly, hasn't fixed the prob. Followed
> your instructions & agree they should have worked. Now reckon that
> something else is prohibiting it being effectively enable. CDClone,
> Nero, or somesuch.
>
> Thanks again though........
>

> L.

That was someone else you replied to.
If copying and pasting a file straight to your CD drive and later clicking
on the drive to write the file doesn't even work. You should try some
combinations of searches on Google about your problem. Perhaps you've
enabled some copy protection thing within windows. Any good search results
should put on track. Even a search for support on your XP program about
writing files to CD might have the solution if you haven't already tried it.

E. Scrooge

ac

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi folks,
> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
> this option asap.
> How to ?

Try finding the drive under My Computer and get the properties of it ->
Goto the Recording tab and check that out.

Lukagain

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:13:59 +1300, ac <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Hi folks,
>> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
>> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
>> this option asap.
>> How to ?

>Try finding the drive under My Computer and get the properties of it ->
>Goto the Recording tab and check that out.

Sorted ..!!!

Many Thanks ..!!

L.