Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Alternative browsers.

Alternative browsers.

Lennier

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:00:23 +0000, Steve Robertson wrote:

> Would be nice to have a 100% IE compatable tabed browser
> (Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable) Im worried that most of the
> alternative's are full of spyware or will just make changes to IE that
> cant be reversed or uninstalled.

LOL - if you want "IE compatible" then why don't you simply stick to using
M$IE?

If you want better software, then I recommend Mozilla - and don't worry
about compatibility with microsoft/defective software.

Lennier

Athura

I like Opera.

-[Myth]-

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:00:23 GMT, Steve Robertson wrote:

> (Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable)

Thats because firebird is compatible with the standards for html etc (see
http://www.w3.org/) and IE is not.

@(none)

-[Myth]- wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:00:23 GMT, Steve Robertson wrote:
>

>>(Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable)

> Thats because firebird is compatible with the standards for html etc (see
> http://www.w3.org/) and IE is not.

Theres one called MyIE or something
http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm
havnt used it myself

Steve Robertson

Hi. Anyone tried some of the alternative browers (apart from Firebird Mozilla etc)
Would be nice to have a 100% IE compatable tabed browser (Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable)
Im worried that most of the alternative's are full of spyware or will just make changes to IE that
cant be reversed or uninstalled.
Im going to try SlimBrowser & Avant, any other recommendations?

Enkidu

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:15:12 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:00:23 GMT, Steve Robertson wrote:
>

>> (Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable)

>Thats because firebird is compatible with the standards for html etc (see
>http://www.w3.org/) and IE is not.

SO what? It just means that he can't view the pages that he wants
view.

Cheers,

Cliff
--

Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
that I could cope with twice.

Gurble

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:00:23 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson)
wrote:

>Hi. Anyone tried some of the alternative browers (apart from Firebird Mozilla etc)
>Would be nice to have a 100% IE compatable tabed browser (Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable)
>Im worried that most of the alternative's are full of spyware or will just make changes to IE that
>cant be reversed or uninstalled.
>Im going to try SlimBrowser & Avant, any other recommendations?

Opera is, IMHO, the absolute best.

Not completely 100% compatible, but that's a fault wih the sites
rather than the software (there are standards, you know....)

An excellent browser, with a surprising number of features. Nice and
light, and make sure you take the time to learn mouse gestures -
you'll never go back to a stone-age browser like IE again.

The only site that I've found in recent times that plays up a little
is www.philips.co.nz, and then it's only the top navigations.

2c

Lennier

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:08:35 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

> SO what? It just means that he can't view the pages that he wants view.

It has been my experience that the only websites that I cannot fully view
and use via Mozilla have been the ones created and used by Micro$oft.

Lennier

E. Scrooge

"Steve Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. Anyone tried some of the alternative browers (apart from Firebird

Mozilla etc)
> Would be nice to have a 100% IE compatable tabed browser (Firebird Mozilla

arnt 100% IE compable)
> Im worried that most of the alternative's are full of spyware or will just

make changes to IE that
> cant be reversed or uninstalled.
> Im going to try SlimBrowser & Avant, any other recommendations?

A good one that's very similar to IE and has some good features is MyIE2.
When it comes to using multiple websites it's better than IE.

http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

E. Scrooge

T.N.O.

Lennier wrote:
>>Would be nice to have a 100% IE compatable tabed browser
>>(Firebird Mozilla arnt 100% IE compable) Im worried that most of the
>>alternative's are full of spyware or will just make changes to IE that
>>cant be reversed or uninstalled.

> LOL - if you want "IE compatible" then why don't you simply stick to using
> M$IE?
> If you want better software, then I recommend Mozilla - and don't worry
> about compatibility with microsoft/defective software.

Dear god, first I compliment Lennier, and now I agree with him over
browser choice.

Mozilla is great(especially Firebird).