Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 027 Phones and email

027 Phones and email

RecyclerMan

Scam you gotta have xtra to have the email facillity
Scam if you dont you have to pay extra to use the advitiesd feture
Scam the sales reps were told Free xtra Email Addresses

point is you have to pay Joing fee and arround $2.50 a month to get
somting so called free never mind if you have your own domain and mail
server

T.N.O.

RecyclerMan wrote:
> Scam you gotta have xtra to have the email facillity
> Scam if you dont you have to pay extra to use the advitiesd feture
> Scam the sales reps were told Free xtra Email Addresses
> point is you have to pay Joing fee and arround $2.50 a month to get
> somting so called free never mind if you have your own domain and mail
> server

you mean that you expected Telecom to give something away for free,
*and* not try to tie you into one of their other services?

me thinks you are crazy.

RecyclerMan

T.N.O. wrote:
> RecyclerMan wrote:
>
>> Scam you gotta have xtra to have the email facillity
>> Scam if you dont you have to pay extra to use the advitiesd feture
>> Scam the sales reps were told Free xtra Email Addresses
>> point is you have to pay Joing fee and arround $2.50 a month to get
>> somting so called free never mind if you have your own domain and mail
>> server

> you mean that you expected Telecom to give something away for free,
> *and* not try to tie you into one of their other services?
>
> me thinks you are crazy.

But on some 027 Phones you are paying $30 plus dollars a month to access
the phone service depending on what plan you are on I would expect to
pay for uceage of data and the like but not for the actual e-mail
address that you must have to use the phone in the advitised manner,

It is just that the Sales rep said "FREE email address" and was non the
wiser I suppose 1/2 the nation on xtra it may not come up that often.
Even the company selling the phones did not know. They Said I could
return the phone because of this I might but e-mail was not one of the
points I baught the phone for but I might try pushing for somthing as a
consumer not a busenness I should be intiteled to.