Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TV Card Software

TV Card Software

Steve

What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.

Steve.

GraB

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:05 +1300, "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
>the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
>
>Steve.

What card / chipset? If it is bt878 DScaler works well.

Steve

GraB wrote
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:05 +1300, "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
> >the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
> >
> >Steve.
> >

> What card / chipset? If it is bt878 DScaler works well.

LeadTek 2000XP Deluxe card - Fusion 878A chipset

Steve.

paul

news:3fe6c352$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
>
> Steve.

WinDVR is excellent, but not free.

armpit

> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.

This months APC (i think) mag has a free copy of showshifter 1.6 on the
cover CD.
Not only do you get a different interface, but you get the lovely TIVO like
functions as well (pause live tv etc).

XPD

news:3fe6c352$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
>
> Steve.

PowerVCR II was pretty good when i was playing around with it a few weeks
ago...

Barry Phease

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:19:02 +1300, Steve wrote:

> LeadTek 2000XP Deluxe card - Fusion 878A chipset

xawdecode words well with that card apparently.

--
Barry Phease

mailto://(E-Mail Removed)
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~barryp

Kelpie

Steve wrote:
> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
>
> Steve.

DScaler (www.dscaler.org) is a great (& free) program for simply
watching programs. It does have some time-shifting features but I think
that aspect is still mostly beta

--
Kelpie

Steve

and the winner is ........ my 33" screen in the corner of my living room.

No, seriously, I will try them all (unless they cost too much and do not
have a trial version available) and post my thoughts on them.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve.

Tim

Kelpie <dontbother@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:bs7o80$pg1$(E-Mail Removed):

> Steve wrote:
>> What software is available for TV cards? I am not too keen on
>> the bundled software and wanted to try some other ones.
>>
>> Steve.
>>

> DScaler (www.dscaler.org) is a great (& free) program for simply
> watching programs. It does have some time-shifting features but I think
> that aspect is still mostly beta

hehe. yep, definitely beta. Last time I tried them I got a stop screen for
my troubles...

--
Tim
- <insert witty signature here>