Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sony F828 Price..

Sony F828 Price..

Dumdedo

So here is the Official Sony Price

DSCF828 Cyber-shot

RRP $2,299.00 inc GST

Are now being shiped..

forensic analysis

"Dumdedo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> So here is the Official Sony Price
>
> DSCF828 Cyber-shot
>

> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
>
> Are now being shiped..

And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...

Dumdedo

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:59:03 +1300, "forensic analysis" <look@me> wrote:

>"Dumdedo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> So here is the Official Sony Price
>>
>> DSCF828 Cyber-shot
>>

>> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
>>
>> Are now being shiped..

>And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...

THat might not be possible until they get stock..

forensic analysis

"Dumdedo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:59:03 +1300, "forensic analysis" <look@me> wrote:

> >And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...
> >

> THat might not be possible until they get stock..

Standard back-order for February delivery.

It's a pity you didn't listen to advice you were given on the 11th of
November regarding this camera, at which time you were claiming that it
would be 3 times the US price, were making out it wouldn't be available for
less than $3000, and were indicating a likely figure of $3600 (based on your
US$1200 x 3 statements).

I re-quote for you:

"Not if they want to sell any.

I just checked up with my supplier (who already has 11 units on backorder),
and for a piecemeal order, even I can do them for $2,144. Based on another
site that I had a look at, they are doing them for $2,199 and the RRP is
apparently $2,299. A large chain doing a bulk order would be able to
special them at $1,999 soon enough after the post-release period."

The RRP was apparent at that time, and in the interim with the help of a
rising dollar and supplier specials, some retailers can supply them at
$1899.

Tim

$1852 inc GST here...
http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

Dumdedo wrote:

> So here is the Official Sony Price
>
> DSCF828 Cyber-shot
>

> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
>
> Are now being shiped..

Max Burke

> Tim scribbled:
> $1852 inc GST here...
> http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

Have they got any in stock?
Or will they require you put 2/3rds down as evidence that you want to buy,
then have to wait until Sony actually starts shipping the camera to NZ
*sometime* soon (like next year some time).....

So far all I can find is that it's only available in a few EU contries and
is a very limited supply....

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
See Found Images at:

Tim

No, none in stock...
Ive dealt with Paradigm on several occassions and have only been asked for a
deposit once and thats when I ordered a complete new system. From experience
if I was to order that camera I would probably be sent a backorder email from
them advising when it will be next available etc. I doubt theyd want any
dollars upfront until they became available/ready to ship to me.

Max Burke wrote:

> > Tim scribbled:
> > $1852 inc GST here...
> > http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

> Have they got any in stock?
> Or will they require you put 2/3rds down as evidence that you want to buy,
> then have to wait until Sony actually starts shipping the camera to NZ
> *sometime* soon (like next year some time).....
>
> So far all I can find is that it's only available in a few EU contries and
> is a very limited supply....
>
> --
> mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
> Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
> See Found Images at:
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

sal

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:10:43 +1300, Dumdedo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So here is the Official Sony Price
>
>DSCF828 Cyber-shot
>

> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
>
>Are now being shiped..

The first reviews of it haven't been so good. You'd be better going
for the Canon EOS 300D which is a SLR digicam at a cheap price (at
least in the US it is) . What is interesting about the new sony, is
that it is multicard type compatible, seems sony have finally realized
that they are losing the prosumer market with the memory stick.

Dumdedo

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:21:56 +1300, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No, none in stock...
>Ive dealt with Paradigm on several occassions and have only been asked for a
>deposit once and thats when I ordered a complete new system. From experience
>if I was to order that camera I would probably be sent a backorder email from
>them advising when it will be next available etc. I doubt theyd want any
>dollars upfront until they became available/ready to ship to me.

Its very wise to stay away from the Sony stuff for a least 6 months, the F717
had lots of problems and a recall.

>Max Burke wrote:
>
>> > Tim scribbled:
>> > $1852 inc GST here...
>> > http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

>> Have they got any in stock?
>> Or will they require you put 2/3rds down as evidence that you want to buy,
>> then have to wait until Sony actually starts shipping the camera to NZ
>> *sometime* soon (like next year some time).....
>>
>> So far all I can find is that it's only available in a few EU contries and
>> is a very limited supply....
>>
>> --
>> mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
>> Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
>> See Found Images at:
>> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

Mainlander

says...

> So here is the Official Sony Price
>
> DSCF828 Cyber-shot
>

> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
>
> Are now being shiped..

And the F717 will continue in production

Sony F828 Rick Digital Photography 9 09-02-2003 04:49 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Gerard McGovern Digital Photography 30 08-29-2003 03:34 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Petzl Digital Photography 4 08-23-2003 12:50 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? BUNTOVNIK Digital Photography 15 08-21-2003 09:36 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Michael Meissner Digital Photography 2 08-20-2003 02:56 PM

Advertisments