Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > RIAA loses in court

RIAA loses in court

Lebowski

"DUser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:01:23 +1300, Lebowski wrote:
>

> > "ChrisOD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >> In article <3fe54149$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> >> says...

<(E-Mail Removed)>

names

warning

court

> > things?

kiwis
> > who

wrong"

> >> Fantastic business plan, sue your custimers or potential customers.
> >> I really can't see people taking a shine to it!
> >>

> > Considering Sony manufacture portable mp3 players and hi-fi systems that

are
> > aimed at consumers with hundreds of the "illegal" files people have

ripped /
> > downloaded, I find it an incredibly hypocritical stance on their part.

They
> > should be thanking the pirates for creating demand for their new product
> > lines, not biting the hand they feed from..

> You are complaining about action that the guy in charge of the record
> division has blustered about but not actually done anything about.
> At this stage his rhetoric is as empty as... well ...yours actually

well that's humanity for you

Mainlander

In article <3fe554c4$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

> "ChrisOD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > In article <3fe54149$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> > >
> > > "Craig Shore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > So, how does this following headline fit into the current scheme of

> things?
> > > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=38142
> > >
> > > Music industry will prosecute - "NZ music industry will prosecute kiwis

> who
> > > illegally download music- says many young NZers don't think it's wrong"
> > >

> > Fantastic business plan, sue your custimers or potential customers.
> > I really can't see people taking a shine to it!
> >

> Considering Sony manufacture portable mp3 players and hi-fi systems that are
> aimed at consumers with hundreds of the "illegal" files people have ripped /
> downloaded, I find it an incredibly hypocritical stance on their part. They
> should be thanking the pirates for creating demand for their new product
> lines, not biting the hand they feed from..

Ah, sony's memory stick technology uses "magic gate" to prevent illegal
copying

Lebowski

"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <3fe554c4$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...

> > things?

kiwis
> > who

wrong"

> > > Fantastic business plan, sue your custimers or potential customers.
> > > I really can't see people taking a shine to it!
> > >

> > Considering Sony manufacture portable mp3 players and hi-fi systems that

are
> > aimed at consumers with hundreds of the "illegal" files people have

ripped /
> > downloaded, I find it an incredibly hypocritical stance on their part.

They
> > should be thanking the pirates for creating demand for their new product
> > lines, not biting the hand they feed from..

> Ah, sony's memory stick technology uses "magic gate" to prevent illegal
> copying

I'm not talking about memory sticks - Dick Smith and Noel Leeming have got
"ordinary" black-coloured cd Sony Diskmans that play regular cds as well as
mp3 compilation cds, and come complete with car kit. They're around the $279
mark.

RIAA Claims Music On Car Radios Meant Only For Original Vehicle Owner!!!! tgilb Computer Support 3 08-11-2004 07:52 PM
Re: Don't buy music this Xmas! Boycott the RIAA! Nick Firefox 0 10-05-2003 10:03 AM
RIAA wins by a knock-out SgtMinor Computer Support 4 09-11-2003 10:23 AM
RIAA hype... Jimchip Computer Support 1 07-30-2003 12:37 PM
RIAA foot-stamping Michael Computer Support 4 07-23-2003 06:57 PM

Advertisments