Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is there a ...

Is there a ...

Mouse

Dumdedo wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:58:47 +1300, a <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> >says...

> >> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
> >>
> >> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

> >Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

> I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
> does nor have, that is what I mean by support.
>
> Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..

Considering you always seem to need to reinstall Windows XP everytime you have a
problem with something then yes best you stick with the simple things aye.
Linux is obviously far too challenging for you.

Dumdedo

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:28:44 +1300, Mouse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dumdedo wrote:

>> >Gee Roger, and you wonder why nobody wants to help you...
>> >
>> >"And your point in this useless post is..?" - Dumdedo
>> >

>> No just stating some facts, these Lunix idiots get right up my nose..
>>

>What facts have you stated ?

Well if you just don't understand, then I just can't help you, I think the
Facts about Lunix is way to obvious..

ac

says...

snip

> >> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
> >>
> >> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

> >Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

> I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
> does nor have, that is what I mean by support.
>
> Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..

Last time looked various Linux distributions had a hell of lot of
software from Office suites to very old unix services.

Have you heard of Binary Packages Wodger?

ac

says...

snip

> >> No just stating some facts, these Lunix idiots get right up my nose..
> >>

> >What facts have you stated ?

> Well if you just don't understand, then I just can't help you, I think the
> Facts about Lunix is way to obvious..

Yes, it is far too cheap. Is this a fact you speak of Rodger?

Dumdedo

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:34:31 +1300, Mouse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dumdedo wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:58:47 +1300, a <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> >says...

>> >Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

>> I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
>> does nor have, that is what I mean by support.
>>
>> Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..

>Considering you always seem to need to reinstall Windows XP everytime you have a
>problem with something then yes best you stick with the simple things aye.
>Linux is obviously far too challenging for you.

No I do not have to keep reinstalling XP at all so stop posting a stack of
Lies..

I have had 2 problems with XP that was of my doing nothing at all to do with
XP full stop..

XP Runs great...

Dumdedo

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:24:00 +1300, ac <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>
>snip

>> >Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

>> I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
>> does nor have, that is what I mean by support.
>>
>> Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..
>>

>Last time looked various Linux distributions had a hell of lot of
>software from Office suites to very old unix services.
>
>Have you heard of Binary Packages Wodger?

My Boss has given it all up, found that all of it is utter Crap, but what do
you expect from some thing that is free.

Jax

http://webmake.taint.org/

ac

says...

snip

> >Last time looked various Linux distributions had a hell of lot of
> >software from Office suites to very old unix services.
> >
> >Have you heard of Binary Packages Wodger?

> My Boss has given it all up, found that all of it is utter Crap, but what do
> you expect from some thing that is free.

Damn, then Novell have made a big mistake then I expect the source
code from something that is free and is free of marketing droids.

So Apache and Perl are utter crap then. I don't believe you.

Jax

http://phpnuke.org/

Phillip Weston

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:55:09 +1300, Dumdedo
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:58:47 +1300, a <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>>says...

>>> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
>>>
>>> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

>>Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

>I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
>does nor have, that is what I mean by support.
>
>Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..

You do what now? I didn't have to 'compile' anything when I installed
linux. You are forgetting that most these people who use Linux are
using it for server and server related applications, which is more
popular than the Microsoft alternative. Your ISP utilises Linux
servers, and I'd say at least half, if not 2/3rd of the web pages you
browse are running on Linux webservers.

--
Phillip Weston
Taumarunui, New Zealand