Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is there a ...

Is there a ...

Lennier

Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

Lennier

Dumdedo

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
>Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
>
>Lennier

So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..

Or do you wish for a early grave..?

Howard

Checkout Quanta or Bluefish.

Mouse

Dumdedo wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
> >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
> >
> >Lennier

> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
>
> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

Gee Roger, and you wonder why nobody wants to help you...

"And your point in this useless post is..?" - Dumdedo

madknoxie

In article <pan.2003.12.20.00.46.33.792832@TRACKER>,
Lennier <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

Do you want to create a website and then manage it with a program like
this? If you just want to manage a site that already exists, whats wrong
with a FTP clients like gFTP? You can edit your files, upload new ones,
etc...

Have you tried Mozilla's Composer? It is pretty basic but should do
everything that you would want from it. There are of course others such
as BlueFish, Quanta, Amaya.

I find the table of Windows equivalents for Linux is pretty useful, it
is quite big so just search for Dreamweaver (using your browsers Find
function) and you should find the entry for WYSIWYG editors:
http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-l...en/table.shtml

You should handcode your sites though

--
madknoxie

Lennier

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:23:47 +1300, madknoxie wrote:

>> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
>> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

> Do you want to create a website and then manage it with a program like
> this?

Want to import and manage an existing website - am sick of repetitive page
coding - templates are the better way.

> If you just want to manage a site that already exists, whats wrong
> with a FTP clients like gFTP?

Nothing wrong with FTP clients.

But I wasn't asking about FTP clients, I was asking about open source
WYSIWYG website creation/management software.

> Have you tried Mozilla's Composer? It is pretty basic but should do
> everything that you would want from it.

Mozilla can create individual pages, but cannot manage and keep track of
an entire website.

Lennier

Lennier

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:49 +1300, Howard wrote:

> Checkout Quanta or Bluefish.

Thanks...

Lennier

Nathan Mercer

"Lennier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2003.12.20.00.46.33.792832@TRACKER...
> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management program
to be open-source running Linux?

T.N.O.

Lennier wrote:
> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

Dunno, but have a look at "mambo" http://sourceforge.org/projects/mambo
very very cool.

Just been ****ing around with it for a few days, and have got this sofar
www.dave.net.nz/mambo

jonas

Nathan Mercer wrote:
> "Lennier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsan.2003.12.20.00.46.33.792832@TRACKER...
>
>>Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
>>Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

> Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management program
> to be open-source running Linux?

Maybe because he doesnt want to spend/waste his money on Windows and its
expensive software.