Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > best free image editor?

best free image editor?

T.N.O.

madknoxie wrote:
> Yeah, it can take a bit to get used to if you are accustomed to
> different apps but I quite like it. Having seperate windows is not
> totally alien to me as a Mac user and I like the right click model
> because you can become really quick at performing a load of operations.
> You don't have to move your mouse to some menu up the top, you can just
> right click and away you go.

Macs have more than one mouse button now... wow, they have been evolving

Invisible

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:58:22 +1300, "forensic analysis" <look@me> wrote:

>"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) .nz...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>> > December APC mag has Paint Shop Pro 5 full version free.

>> Uh no it was October and the registration time has expired.

>Different magazine, different month.
>
>It was on PC User in October, but has resurfaced on the Decmber issue of APC
>as stated.
>
>A second chance for those who missed out previously.

I registered the October issue a week or 2 after the offer 'expired'. The page
may still be up for that issue, ymmv.

madknoxie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> madknoxie wrote:
> > Yeah, it can take a bit to get used to if you are accustomed to
> > different apps but I quite like it. Having seperate windows is not
> > totally alien to me as a Mac user and I like the right click model
> > because you can become really quick at performing a load of operations.
> > You don't have to move your mouse to some menu up the top, you can just
> > right click and away you go.

> Macs have more than one mouse button now... wow, they have been evolving

Lol, smart arse! Truth be known, Apple still doesn't produce a second
mouse button, AFAIK. Their laptops all have one button and the 'Apple'
mice don't even have a button - the whole thing sort of just clicks,
they also don't have a scroll wheel.

Me? I just use a third party mouse made by some little company in
Redmond I've never heard of

--
madknoxie

~misfit~

T.N.O. wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>> I could still beat your little baby

>> Beating babies now Dave?

> only if the women arent available...
>
> </bad joke>

<Grin>
--
~misfit~

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:18:32 -0800, K <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I will take a look over the hols

T.N.O.

madknoxie wrote:
> Lol, smart arse! Truth be known, Apple still doesn't produce a second
> mouse button, AFAIK.

Heh, you pay over $2G for a Mac, and you don't get a second mouse
button... how cheap can they get?

> Their laptops all have one button and the 'Apple'
> mice don't even have a button - the whole thing sort of just clicks,
> they also don't have a scroll wheel.

yeah, I hate them... hate them with a vengence.

> Me? I just use a third party mouse made by some little company in
> Redmond I've never heard of

Which one? One hell bent on world domination?

AD.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:21:35 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

> also that there is no main window,
> and the toolbars etc are seperate windows.

Photoshop 7 on my girlfriends Mac does that as well.

Other GTK apps (eg Dia) also are also designed like that, so depending on
the other apps in use it might not be unusual at all.

The last time I used Visual Basic (4.0 days), it did that too. I've seen a
few other IDEs that do that too.

Cheers
Anton

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
> On 21 Dec 2003, Chris Wilkinson wrote
>

>>Gimp is not specific to Linux. It is associated with Linux because
>>most distros include it as standard (why not, after all its pretty
>>damn good for a freebie). You can compile the source on almost any
>>platform if you want, so get a grip Woger...
>>

> He already has a grip - a very firm one. The problem lies in convincing
> him to let go.

Hehe!

Thats why his posts are so brief, becuase he can't type that quickly
with one hand preoccupied elsewhere...

--
Kind regards,

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 22 Dec 2003, Chris Wilkinson wrote

> Hi there,
>
> Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
>> On 21 Dec 2003, Chris Wilkinson wrote
>>

>>>Gimp is not specific to Linux. It is associated with Linux because
>>>most distros include it as standard (why not, after all its pretty
>>>damn good for a freebie). You can compile the source on almost any
>>>platform if you want, so get a grip Woger...
>>>

>> He already has a grip - a very firm one. The problem lies in
>> convincing him to let go.

> Hehe!
>
> Thats why his posts are so brief, becuase he can't type that quickly
> with one hand preoccupied elsewhere...

And the typing hand, when not typing, is patting his head.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

- Those who say it cannot be done should stay out of the way of those who
are already doing it.

GraB

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:42:23 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, K <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Im after a free image editor, like paintshop pro etc.....but a free
>> >shareware one, anyone know a nice easy to use freebie please?

>> paintshop pro v5
>> This was free on a Aus comp mag about a month or so ago

>Only if registered at the time.

It is on December APC mag. Does require online registration.