Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Of pizza in my corner of NZ

Of pizza in my corner of NZ

steve

My kids like pizza.

Usually Pizza Hut (not the best, but they get the job done).

Yesterday: Tried (new) Dominos Pizza (Kapiti)

Their large bases are smaller than Pizza Hut's, but the pizza is better.
The tomato sauce is more savoury and less sweet...and the toppings are
laid on like they SHOULD be on a real pizza.

The guy at the store recommend "The Godfather"...and it was a good one.
Better than a P-H Super Supreme or it's more direct analog - the meaty
Italiano.

Three pizzas for $20.95....the price was right. That worked out at 87
cents / slice or about $5.24 cents / person.

Good value.

steve

That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

jonas

steve wrote:
> That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

never mind, we are thankful for the info

Dumdedo

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:32:42 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>That was meant for nz.general - sorry.

Na you was doing a Woger...

Tim

jonas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dhqEb.33499
$(E-Mail Removed):

> steve wrote:
>> That was meant for nz.general - sorry.
>>

> never mind, we are thankful for the info

Oh well, might as well put in my 2 cents while the thread is here

We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
(www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

--
Tim
- <insert witty signature here>

Dogg

On 19 Dec 2003 12:19:52 +1300, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

<snippity doo daa>

>We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
>are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
>(www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

Couldn't agree more. Found them when I moved up from Christchurch and
they're great. The thing I like is you can get the snack sized
pizza's.

sal

But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:31:19 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My kids like pizza.
>
>Usually Pizza Hut (not the best, but they get the job done).
>
>Yesterday: Tried (new) Dominos Pizza (Kapiti)
>
>Their large bases are smaller than Pizza Hut's, but the pizza is better.
>The tomato sauce is more savoury and less sweet...and the toppings are
>laid on like they SHOULD be on a real pizza.
>
>The guy at the store recommend "The Godfather"...and it was a good one.
>Better than a P-H Super Supreme or it's more direct analog - the meaty
>Italiano.
>
>Three pizzas for $20.95....the price was right. That worked out at 87
>cents / slice or about $5.24 cents / person.
>
>Good value.

steve

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:42:38 +1300, sal wrote:

> But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
> and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

Fair enough.....depends on what base, maybe...

I had 'classic' from Dominos....and usually have "crispy" from P-H.

I'll try the Dominos thin and crispy next time.

T.N.O.

Tim wrote:
> Oh well, might as well put in my 2 cents while the thread is here
> We don't have a Dominoes in palmy, but we do have Hell Pizza. These guys
> are in a few cities around the north island, and are well worth a try
> (www.hell.co.nz for their fun website).

Thanks for that, I had a lust pizza when I was in welly recently, and
damn, I know good pizza, and Lust was very good pizza.

T.N.O.

sal wrote:

> But they are much greasier that pizza hutts. I still prefer PH bases,
> and not a much fat and grease seeping out of them.

"PH bases" = Hutt or Haven(Assuming Hutt)