Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Strange excel problem - scrambled cells

Strange excel problem - scrambled cells

Matthew Strickland

Hi all,

Anyone had a strange problem when scrolling around in excel that the cells
get muddled up. Like the formulas and data dont actually move, but visually
on the screen they are 4 rows up, 3 rows down etc. If you scroll right off
the sheet, then back again, its fixed. As soon as you scroll within the
sheet, its muddled again.

Im sure ive seen this before, cant remember if it was a hardware or software
fault within excel. Im going to run office repair and see if that works
first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other app)

Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

Matt

Nicholas Sherlock

Matthew Strickland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone had a strange problem when scrolling around in excel that the
> cells get muddled up. Like the formulas and data dont actually move,
> but visually on the screen they are 4 rows up, 3 rows down etc. If
> you scroll right off the sheet, then back again, its fixed. As soon
> as you scroll within the sheet, its muddled again.
>
> Im sure ive seen this before, cant remember if it was a hardware or
> software fault within excel. Im going to run office repair and see if
> that works first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other
> app)
>
> Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

Have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Matthew Strickland

Yes tried that, didnt work.

It looks its a hardware fault with the graphics card. Tried a few versions
and same result. Only 640x480 works ok, other modes (I want to use 800x600
on 15" screen) doesnt work.

Its onboard, I tried changing the memory since its shared and that didnt
work. Worst thing is its PCI only (no AGP slots), and ive got another older
machine here with an AGP slot (and PCI card) but I cant get PCI or AGP 2X
cards new!

Ill go hunting second hand or consider replacing the mobo with a cheap
alternative.

Matt

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brt8nv$l6h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Matthew Strickland wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Anyone had a strange problem when scrolling around in excel that the
> > cells get muddled up. Like the formulas and data dont actually move,
> > but visually on the screen they are 4 rows up, 3 rows down etc. If
> > you scroll right off the sheet, then back again, its fixed. As soon
> > as you scroll within the sheet, its muddled again.
> >
> > Im sure ive seen this before, cant remember if it was a hardware or
> > software fault within excel. Im going to run office repair and see if
> > that works first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other
> > app)
> >
> > Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

> Have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers?
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Matthew Strickland

Found some PCI ones on PP not many in stock but its worth a try!

Matt

"Matthew Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZbqEb.33492$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes tried that, didnt work.
>
> It looks its a hardware fault with the graphics card. Tried a few versions
> and same result. Only 640x480 works ok, other modes (I want to use 800x600
> on 15" screen) doesnt work.
>
> Its onboard, I tried changing the memory since its shared and that didnt
> work. Worst thing is its PCI only (no AGP slots), and ive got another

older
> machine here with an AGP slot (and PCI card) but I cant get PCI or AGP 2X
> cards new!
>
> Ill go hunting second hand or consider replacing the mobo with a cheap
> alternative.
>
> Matt
>
> "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:brt8nv$l6h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Matthew Strickland wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Anyone had a strange problem when scrolling around in excel that the
> > > cells get muddled up. Like the formulas and data dont actually move,
> > > but visually on the screen they are 4 rows up, 3 rows down etc. If
> > > you scroll right off the sheet, then back again, its fixed. As soon
> > > as you scroll within the sheet, its muddled again.
> > >
> > > Im sure ive seen this before, cant remember if it was a hardware or
> > > software fault within excel. Im going to run office repair and see if
> > > that works first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other
> > > app)
> > >
> > > Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

> > Have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nicholas Sherlock

convert yyyymmdd text cells into date cells =?Utf-8?B?ZF9jYW1wZWxvQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?= Microsoft Certification 2 11-22-2006 04:52 PM
Writing to Cells in the Detailsview Insertmode makes cells uneditable. SixStringSlaya@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 02-28-2006 10:23 PM
scrambled @ MCSE 1 08-15-2005 01:51 PM
Python-Excel: How to paste selected cells (range) to different location on the same sheet in Excel zxo102 Python 3 08-09-2005 02:41 PM
Cells[].Text or Cells[].Controls[0] Joel Finkel ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 09-01-2003 04:42 PM

Advertisments