Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux kernel 2.6.0 is now out

Linux kernel 2.6.0 is now out

steve

Another great step forward.

http://kernel.org/

Jay

steve wrote:

> Another great step forward.
>
> http://kernel.org/

You are at least a month behind the times.

Matthias

Jay wrote:

> You are at least a month behind the times.

No, he's not.

-- Matthias

harry

Jay wrote:
> steve wrote:
>

>> Another great step forward.
>>
>> http://kernel.org/

> You are at least a month behind the times.

Desperate to score points huh ?
steve is correct about the official final release.

steve

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:58:27 +1100, Jay wrote:

> steve wrote:
>

>> Another great step forward.
>>
>> http://kernel.org/

> You are at least a month behind the times.

No.

2.6.0 (non-test) was released yesterday....

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Another great step forward.
>
>http://kernel.org/

The thing that worries me is I hear some kernel folks want to stop
maintaining 2.4.x within a matter of months, and move everybody to
2.6.x. Me, somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Lennier

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:38:33 +1300, Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:

> The thing that worries me is I hear some kernel folks want to stop
> maintaining 2.4.x within a matter of months, and move everybody to 2.6.x.
> Me, somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Why?

Lennier

T.N.O.

Lennier wrote:
>>The thing that worries me is I hear some kernel folks want to stop
>>maintaining 2.4.x within a matter of months, and move everybody to 2.6.x.
>>Me, somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

> Why?

I'd imagine to cut down on resources needed to manage the different
Kernels etc.

Lennier

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:26:12 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> I'd imagine to cut down on resources needed to manage the different
> Kernels etc.

I've just updated to the 2.6 kernel.

So far it is working well - and the machine appears to be running faster.

Lennier

T.N.O.

Lennier wrote:
> I've just updated to the 2.6 kernel.
> So far it is working well - and the machine appears to be running faster.

sweet... thats all good.