Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > PCI not recognize new wireless NIC, WHY?

PCI not recognize new wireless NIC, WHY?

=?Utf-8?B?S2lkb253aGVlbCwgS0M=?=

I am working with an HP PII 300mhz pc, trying to install a compusa branded
realtek wireless NIC. Another card was installed in another pc for an ad-hoc
connection just fine. Do I have a faulty NIC or problems with the pci of MB.
Note, another NIC is installed, and shows, no matter which slot is used. I
will also be trying other wireless connection sources as well.

BobC

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:37:27 -0800, Kidonwheel, KC wrote:

> I am working with an HP PII 300mhz pc, trying to install a compusa branded
> realtek wireless NIC. Another card was installed in another pc for an ad-hoc
> connection just fine. Do I have a faulty NIC or problems with the pci of MB.
> Note, another NIC is installed, and shows, no matter which slot is used. I
> will also be trying other wireless connection sources as well.

Most wireless NICs do not have win98 drivers so you need to tell us what OS
you have. Did you install the NIC and driver correctly. Some manufacturers
require that you install the drivers before installing the NIC itself.

=?Utf-8?B?S2lkb253aGVlbCwgS0M=?=

Bob, I appreciate the response. My goof! The OS on system is Windows XP Home
Edition