Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > News Readers

News Readers

Dumdedo

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:58:27 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I use Agent. I like it so much I paid for it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff

>Agent is a very good newsreader, very mature. I am trying out Pan for
>Windows at the moment. Pan will display attachments which Agent doesn't

Crap it does, have you really used it..??

>though that is not much of a problem really, but Pan is missing one
>feature I particularly like and that is to be able to lock headers you
>want to keep when you delete everything else.
>
>Just found one other flaw. If you click on a link in a message in Pan, it
>opens IE, even if the default browser is Opera. Links always open in the
>default browser with Agent. It does the same if you click on Pan Home
>Page under Help.

GraB

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:21:37 +1300, Dumdedo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:58:27 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> I use Agent. I like it so much I paid for it.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff

>>Agent is a very good newsreader, very mature. I am trying out Pan for
>>Windows at the moment. Pan will display attachments which Agent doesn't

>Crap it does, have you really used it..??

Oh, another Woger alias.

Yes, it works.

-[Myth]-

Why does using mozilla make him a "lunix idiot"?, I am using mozilla 1.5
also, on windows and it does everything i need.
Dumdedo wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:05:28 +1300, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>EAgle wrote:
>>

>>>I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
>>>Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
>>>others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
>>>I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
>>>Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>EAgle

>>I'm using Mozilla 1.5 tonight, but I usually use either Pan or KNode.
>>

> Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..
>
> Please post in the correct news group next time.

harry

-[Myth]- wrote:
> Why does using mozilla make him a "lunix idiot"?, I am using mozilla
> 1.5 also, on windows and it does everything i need.

Some senile dribbler posts flamebait.
You respond with "Oooooooh No I'm A WINDOWS User"

Priceless

Keith

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). nz>,
> (E-Mail Removed)ess says...

....snip..
> > I prefer the layout of Gravity over Agent. Other than that, they are a
> > good match on features.
> >
> > Gravity is no longer maintained/supported by the publishers, but one of
> > the original coders made a sort of 'goodbye' version that can be found
> > on the 'net.

> It is actually being maintained - it's now a Sourceforge project - wich
> is great news (I've been a fan of Gravity for years - never did like
> Agent much).
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

Duncan

Are you using the souceforge version (ver 2.7)? (Your headers say you're
not).

If you are, what's to be gained in 2.7 vs 2.6? The blurb on sourceforge
indicates 2.7 is a work in progress and missing some of the refinements
of the earlier versions, eg a spell checker.

T-Boy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, keithr3
@NOJUNKclear.net.nz says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed). nz>,
> > (E-Mail Removed)ess says...

> ...snip..
> > > I prefer the layout of Gravity over Agent. Other than that, they are a
> > > good match on features.
> > >
> > > Gravity is no longer maintained/supported by the publishers, but one of
> > > the original coders made a sort of 'goodbye' version that can be found
> > > on the 'net.

> > It is actually being maintained - it's now a Sourceforge project - wich
> > is great news (I've been a fan of Gravity for years - never did like
> > Agent much).
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/
> >

> Duncan
>
> Are you using the souceforge version (ver 2.7)? (Your headers say you're
> not).
>
> If you are, what's to be gained in 2.7 vs 2.6? The blurb on sourceforge
> indicates 2.7 is a work in progress and missing some of the refinements
> of the earlier versions, eg a spell checker.

Yer right, i'm not - still on the "prior" version. Patrick Dunford
(Mainlander) is using it - ask him!

--
Duncan

Chris

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed) g:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:17:34 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
>
>> Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..
>>
>> Please post in the correct news group next time.

> ...but then all your posts would be in alt.asshole.

ROFLMFAO !!!

--
Chris

steve

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:46:03 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:16:43 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:17:34 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
>>
>>> Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..
>>>
>>> Please post in the correct news group next time.

>>...but then all your posts would be in alt.asshole.

> Na lunix.idiots.nz

....and why would you post there?

Do DNG readers age like RAW readers/converters?? Davy Digital Photography 1 09-29-2007 07:43 PM
News Readers Luke O'Malley Computer Support 19 01-25-2006 08:03 AM
News Readers newbie Computer Support 2 09-10-2005 07:34 AM
news readers.. the niner nation Computer Support 6 01-14-2005 06:51 AM
OT: News Readers Sharon HTML 6 02-25-2004 08:11 PM

Advertisments