Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > News Readers

News Readers

T.N.O.

Dumarse wrote:
> Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
browser...

Rider

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brl3b9$4e7td$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Dumarse wrote:
> > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

> ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
> browser...

And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

harry

EAgle wrote:
> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
> News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish
> to try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
> that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>
> Thanks
> EAgle

Just add OE Quotefix to OE and its a lot better

Peter Huebner

In article <brk0dp$u0q$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
> Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
> others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
> Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>
> Thanks
> EAgle

I prefer the layout of Gravity over Agent. Other than that, they are a
good match on features.

Gravity is no longer maintained/supported by the publishers, but one of
the original coders made a sort of 'goodbye' version that can be found
on the 'net.

-P.

Tidds

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brl473$mgk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:brl3b9$4e7td$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Dumarse wrote:
> > > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

> > ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
> > browser...
> >

> And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

YA TOO LATE. THUNDERBIRDS HAVE GONE!

Kookaburra

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:01 +1300, "EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
>Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
>others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
>I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
>Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>
>Thanks
>EAgle

I use Agent for USENET and Xnews for multiple servers.

I've also tried 40Tude when it first came out and although it worked
well with multi-servers, threading etc it was a huge download as I
recall as opposed to Xnews.

Cheers, Kooky

samg

"EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:brk0dp$u0q$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
> News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to
> try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
> that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>
> Thanks
> EAgle

xnews

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

T.N.O.

Rider wrote:
>>>Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

>>ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
>>browser...

> And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

oh, but they are...
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12962

T.N.O.

Tidds wrote:
>>And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

> YA TOO LATE. THUNDERBIRDS HAVE GONE!

nope... they're back

On 16 Dec 2003 10:22:21 +1300, samg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:brk0dp$u0q$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
>> News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to
>> try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
>> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
>> that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
>>
>> Thanks
>> EAgle
>>

>xnews
>
>http://xnews.newsguy.com/

and if do go for Xnews and want the XP icons the Guy's patches are now
here.

http://xnews-icon-patchers.bebto.com/patcher.html

Cheers, Kooky

Do DNG readers age like RAW readers/converters?? Davy Digital Photography 1 09-29-2007 07:43 PM
News Readers Luke O'Malley Computer Support 19 01-25-2006 08:03 AM
News Readers newbie Computer Support 2 09-10-2005 07:34 AM
news readers.. the niner nation Computer Support 6 01-14-2005 06:51 AM
OT: News Readers Sharon HTML 6 02-25-2004 08:11 PM

Advertisments