Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet Gateway

Internet Gateway

=?Utf-8?B?RGFycmVs?=

I have established an internet Gateway on my wireles networ. All is working
well but I can not get Internet Explorer to connect. Firefox connects no
problem. Is there a stting or port or protocal that I need to change or add?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIFdpbGxpYW1z?=

In IE check the Tools, Internet Options, Connections page.
Make sure it is set to never dial a connection.
Also check LAN settings to make sure there is no proxy set.
Remove the 'Automatically detect settings' tick box to speed up the
connection to your first page.
--
Dan Williams [MCSE]
Imex Technical Services

"Dan Williams" wrote:

> In IE check the Tools, Internet Options, Connections page.
> Make sure it is set to never dial a connection.
> Also check LAN settings to make sure there is no proxy set.
> Remove the 'Automatically detect settings' tick box to speed up the
> connection to your first page.
> --
> Dan Williams [MCSE]
> Imex Technical Services
>

> "Darrel" wrote:
>
> > I have established an internet Gateway on my wireles networ. All is working
> > well but I can not get Internet Explorer to connect. Firefox connects no
> > problem. Is there a stting or port or protocal that I need to change or add?

Dan - I did find that in LAN settings there was a proxy set. I found this
before your reply but thank you for the information it would have solved the
problem