Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > chicony neatcam 320

chicony neatcam 320

Claire Hurman

Hi,

Has anybody else successfully used a Chicony Neatcam 320. Fun little camera
to use, but damned if I can figure out how to transfer the images to my
PC...

I'd appreciate any hints from anyone using one of these.

Claire

E. Scrooge

"Claire Hurman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody else successfully used a Chicony Neatcam 320. Fun little

camera
> to use, but damned if I can figure out how to transfer the images to my
> PC...
>
> I'd appreciate any hints from anyone using one of these.
>
> Claire

You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on it as
well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program should
be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
menu you should see something about importing from another device. Select
your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a driver.

E. Scrooge

Claire Hurman

"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
news:bri5vo$j2t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on it

as
> well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program should
> be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
> menu you should see something about importing from another device. Select
> your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
> program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
> I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a driver.
>
> E. Scrooge

The camera forces you to use their software, even when aquiring images from
within another graphics program, and it is the camera software that refuses
to transfer multiple images.

I need advice from someone who has actually used one of these cameras.

Claire

E. Scrooge

"Claire Hurman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
> news:bri5vo$j2t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on

it
> as
> > well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program

should
> > be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
> > menu you should see something about importing from another device.

Select
> > your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
> > program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
> > I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a

driver.

> > E. Scrooge

> The camera forces you to use their software, even when aquiring images

from
> within another graphics program, and it is the camera software that

refuses
> to transfer multiple images.
>
> I need advice from someone who has actually used one of these cameras.
>
> Claire

That's a bit more precise. People will now know how far you've got. You
might have to get someone to have a look at it, unless you're lucky enough
to find someone with the same camera.
If the camera software lets you preview the pictures properly, then you
might find the results of that in your "temp" folder. Could be worth
checking, and even the folder of your software in case something ends up in
there while previewing them. Another way if you're stuck and can see the
full previews without a problem is to do screen captures of them.

E. Scrooge