Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > computer-controlled, LED-based mood lighting

computer-controlled, LED-based mood lighting

dOTdASH

I stumbled across this gadget during my web travels
http://www.efx.co.uk/ml/classic.html and wondered if anybody could provide
pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
a Christmas holiday project coming on

John

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:07:10 +1300, "dOTdASH"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I stumbled across this gadget during my web travels
>http://www.efx.co.uk/ml/classic.html and wondered if anybody could provide
>pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
>as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
>a Christmas holiday project coming on

I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
they arnt as cheap as I expected....
where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity
cheers
John

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:47:26 +1300, John wrote:

> I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
> they arnt as cheap as I expected....
> where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity

Try an auto electrical wholesaler or a good chandler.

I regularly see hi-intensity truck/bus lamps and I'm sure that I've also
seen hi-intensity nav lights on passing river barges...(They flicker)

DUser

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:47:26 +1300, John wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:07:10 +1300, "dOTdASH"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I stumbled across this gadget during my web travels
>>http://www.efx.co.uk/ml/classic.html and wondered if anybody could provide
>>pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
>>as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
>>a Christmas holiday project coming on
>>

> I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
> they arnt as cheap as I expected....
> where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity
> cheers
> John

Jaycar for hobby quantities
Rexel for commercial stuff.