Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Laptop crashing when wireless network card installed?

Laptop crashing when wireless network card installed?

Darren

Hi,
A couple of days ago I brought an ASUS L3000D 2600xp laptop from Dick Smith,
Also brought a WL-100g (802.11G) wireless network card.
I had allot of trouble setting it up lie every time my friend would ping me
my laptop would get a blue screen the shut off, when I come out of sleep
mode it will crash and when I do other things with the network it will
crash.
It only does this when the card is in the PCMCIA slot.

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Taylor

"Darren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:brfsaj$u89$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> A couple of days ago I brought an ASUS L3000D 2600xp laptop from Dick
> Smith, Also brought a WL-100g (802.11G) wireless network card.
> I had allot of trouble setting it up lie every time my friend would
> ping me my laptop would get a blue screen the shut off, when I come
> out of sleep mode it will crash and when I do other things with the
> network it will crash.
> It only does this when the card is in the PCMCIA slot.
>
> Any one got any ideas?
>
> Thanks

I would see if you can find updated drivers for the WL-100G card from the
manufacture's web site. Often times, by the time the CD with drivers is
printed, boxed and shipped, there are newer drivers on the internet that
fix problems.
Ciao, Dave

asdf

Here is asus's drivers for the card.