Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > SETI target achieved.

SETI target achieved.

~misfit~

Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.

Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.

I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

madknoxie

In article <JXCCb.27977$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
> credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
>
> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
>
> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
> if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.

Do you know how far away BOINC is from going mainstream?

--
madknoxie

Malcolm

~misfit~ wrote:
> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
> credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
>
> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
>
> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
> if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~

Congratulations ~misfit~

Cheers
Malcolm

Rob Davison

~misfit~ wrote:

> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark.

Damn it. I thought you were going to say they'd found LGMs.

bruce

whats the most popular linux work unit caching utility for seti?

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
> credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.

Bret

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
wrote:

>Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029 to my
>credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
>
>Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
>
>I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I don't know
>if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
>
>Cheers,

Congratulations

~misfit~

madknoxie wrote:
> In article <JXCCb.27977$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
>> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
>>
>> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
>>
>> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I
>> don't know if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.

> Do you know how far away BOINC is from going mainstream?

I have no idea, must check it out. I know I had problems for a while, it
spent the best part of a day just downloading WUs, not processing them, and
re-downloading. It's fine now though. Each WU is 1MB.

I do like the client, a lot of info is available, you just click on the tray
icon and it has a tabbed interface and you can see download status, work
status, used space on disk... etc. The screensaver is cool too.

If I find anything out I'll let you (the group) know.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Malcolm wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
>> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.
>>
>> Thanks to those who helped me achieve this.
>>
>> I also have 101 credits on the new BOINC beta client although I
>> don't know if these will carry over when it goes main-stream.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> Congratulations ~misfit~

Thanks Malcolm.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Rob Davison wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark.

> Damn it. I thought you were going to say they'd found LGMs.

LOL. I guess I should have put "Personal SETI target achieved" in the
subject.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:45:57 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Well, I've finally cracked the 1,000 WUs mark. In fact I have 1029
>> to my credit so I'm on the top 1,000 NZers list as well.

> whats the most popular linux work unit caching utility for seti?

I wish I could help you mate. I haven't had much in the way of dealings with
the penguin. Try alt.sci.seti, it's an informative, friendly group.
--
~misfit~

Problem in setting Target Node and Target Tree Property mohit ASP .Net 0 01-23-2008 05:41 AM
SETI CRUNCHERS Question bardeban Computer Support 1 06-14-2007 05:18 PM
SETI question joevan Computer Support 2 08-23-2005 09:37 PM
Seti-like program GMane Python Python 4 06-01-2005 05:53 PM