Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > program to organise pics

Reply
Thread Tools

program to organise pics

 
 
KS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
cowboyz wrote:
> just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that
> are labelled P100000 to P100250.
>
> I want to first sort them but content.


Try http://www.tawbaware.com/

for both Thumber, as well as the magnificent PTAssembler (gui for Panorama
Tools). If you're interested in taking amazing panoramas, this pgm is a
must.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
cowboyz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003

"Lebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd831af$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:br96as$lbs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that

are
> > labelled P100000 to P100250.
> >
> > I want to first sort them but content.
> >
> > Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail

> and
> > I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can

have
> 3
> > or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the

> left
> > and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real"

photos.
> >
> > what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?
> >
> >
> >

>
> Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by side
> ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window 2)
> right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away
>
>


I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use windows
commander for *everything*.

Cheers for that.

I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
Never know what you'll find.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
cowboyz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brafg2$le7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Lebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd831af$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:br96as$lbs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that

> are
> > > labelled P100000 to P100250.
> > >
> > > I want to first sort them but content.
> > >
> > > Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the

thumbnail
> > and
> > > I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can

> have
> > 3
> > > or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the

> > left
> > > and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real"

> photos.
> > >
> > > what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?
> > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by

side
> > ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window

2)
> > right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away
> >
> >

>
> I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
> windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
> now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use

windows
> commander for *everything*.
>
> Cheers for that.
>
> I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
> Never know what you'll find.
>
>


I would also like to mention, this would be a damn sight easier (more
comfortable) with dual monitor! Wish I had it!

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:05:21 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Craig
Shore) wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:59:15 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
>>I find that excellent.

>
>I've been giving the latest one off their www site a try out, it's
>quite good but takes bloody ages to initially load up. Something like
>20 seconds. It displays the photos quickly after that.
>There's a heap of features in it.
>


Maybe it is additional plugins that makes it slower to load. Mine
takes about 3 seconds. It pays to do a database maintainance
periodically to compress the database.

I find it good when I have done a heap of still captures from DVD,
which saves in .bmp format with PowerDVD, converting them all to .jpg.
One can batch rename and batch modify a selection.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lebowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brafg2$le7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

(snip)
> >

>
> I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
> windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
> now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use

windows
> commander for *everything*.
>
> Cheers for that.
>
> I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
> Never know what you'll find.
>
>



I too am tempted to try out these other programs also, as I also have an
abundance of digital camera pics that need serious organising. Usually I
just dump them on to the desktop, and the bad eggs get chucked into the
recycle bin. Heaven knows what eventually happens to the good pictures


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lebowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
> I find that excellent.



Oh yes, ACDSee is a good program. I used this program religiously until XP
came along - which pretty much had all of ACDSee's features in one fell
swoop. But that aside, I still remember it as being a great program and nice
printing features also.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brendan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
>labelled P100000 to P100250.
>
>I want to first sort them but content.
>
>Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
>I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
>or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
>and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
>
>what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?


Windows explorer. Pick thumbnails from the view options.

--

....Brendan

Under capitalism, man exploits man.
Under communism, it's just the opposite.
J.K.Galbraith

Note: All comments are copyright 2003, and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my reccollection'.
 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
>labelled P100000 to P100250.
>
>I want to first sort them but content.
>
>Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
>I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
>or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
>and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
>
>what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?
>
>

December's APC mag will have Adobe Photoshop Album 2 SE (Starter
Edition) on the cover CD. OR you could download it (free) from
http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...m/starter.html .

Unfortunately for me it requires Windows ME or later, not 98SE.
 
Reply With Quote
 
sal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:15:20 +1300, Brendan <corum.usenet@myrealbox
(dot com)> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
>>labelled P100000 to P100250.
>>
>>I want to first sort them but content.
>>
>>Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
>>I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
>>or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
>>and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
>>
>>what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

>
>Windows explorer. Pick thumbnails from the view options.

You do end up with big thumbs.dat files in the folder if you use thumb
view in explorer (at least you do with win2k)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lebowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

"sal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:15:20 +1300, Brendan <corum.usenet@myrealbox
> (dot com)> wrote:

(snip)
> You do end up with big thumbs.dat files in the folder if you use thumb
> view in explorer (at least you do with win2k)


Hell, that's going to be taxing on my 120gig hard drive


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to organise a composition analyzer in C?? jyck91@gmail.com C Programming 5 09-26-2007 09:36 PM
How to organise a composition analyzer?? jyck91@gmail.com C Programming 3 09-17-2007 12:06 PM
How to organise classes and modules Alex Python 5 05-15-2006 03:13 PM
Software to organise digital snaps julie247 Digital Photography 3 08-04-2005 05:20 PM
Freeware to organise photos based on date dirtycow Digital Photography 8 02-06-2004 04:52 AM



Advertisments