Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > woosh

woosh

Chris Mayhew

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:br39lr$287jm5$1@ID-
183327.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Chris Mayhew wrote:
>> That would be no good for you poor Aucklanders stuck in trafic jams. I
>> though trafic was bad in Tauranga at times but the southern motorway at
>> 5:20pm is not a happy place to be.

> Hmmm internet in traffic jams... that could be handy.

Yeah, you could go to www.wises.co.nz to confirm your in the right place

Chris Mayhew

"matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:V2eBb.23639$(E-Mail Removed):

> If they dont have to put up their own cell towers then i reckon there
> would be a quick roll out.
> but then i might be dreaming.

I think they would still need resource concent even if the tower was
already up ???

Nathan Mercer

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:br57tt$28li14$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> matt wrote:
> > i just checked out the site
> > 700mb a month average.
> > i hope they dont do a ihug and when a few people download 35gigs a month
> > they CAP !!!!

> Hey, where did you find this info, I just had a look, but cant find it
> in their T&C's

http://www.woosh.com/UserInterface/W...c/Faq/Faq.aspx

What is the definition of the 'subject to reasonable use' clause which
applies to the Woosh Everyday plan?

Woosh Everyday is designed for everyday residential users and people running
home or small offices to provide the peace of mind of one flat rate plan.
The Woosh Everyday plan is subject to reasonable usage, determined at our
discretion, and is designed for the usage of most residential users. Our
current policy is to review the usage of customers who use around 10 times
the median usage (current median 700MB p/month). If customers are
consistently exceeding such an amount we will contact them to discuss their
usage patterns.

Woosh Wireless reserve the right to review this policy to ensure the
delivery of quality service to the majority of Woosh Everyday customers.

Biggles

"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
news:YFqBb.24267$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:br57tt$28li14$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > matt wrote:
> > > i just checked out the site
> > > 700mb a month average.
> > > i hope they dont do a ihug and when a few people download 35gigs a

month
> > > they CAP !!!!

> > Hey, where did you find this info, I just had a look, but cant find it
> > in their T&C's

> http://www.woosh.com/UserInterface/W...c/Faq/Faq.aspx
>
> What is the definition of the 'subject to reasonable use' clause which
> applies to the Woosh Everyday plan?
>

> Woosh Everyday is designed for everyday residential users and people

running
> home or small offices to provide the peace of mind of one flat rate plan.
> The Woosh Everyday plan is subject to reasonable usage, determined at our
> discretion, and is designed for the usage of most residential users. Our
> current policy is to review the usage of customers who use around 10 times
> the median usage (current median 700MB p/month). If customers are
> consistently exceeding such an amount we will contact them to discuss

their
> usage patterns.
>
> Woosh Wireless reserve the right to review this policy to ensure the
> delivery of quality service to the majority of Woosh Everyday customers.

They contacted me when I used 15GB in the first 6 days of the month. The
call went a bit like this.
Woosh> Are you aware of your current usage?
Me> Yep, its prolly around about 15gig by now.
Woosh> Yes, do you know about our reasonable use clause?
Me> Yep, its got a 7gig limit doesn't it?
Woosh> Can you forsee your usage staying this high?
Me> Yeah, its the national traffic which nails the limit, I'll probably keep
around 30gig a month.
Woosh> Well we will need to look at other usage plans more suitable for your
requirements.
Me> Do you have any plans for around 30gig a month?
Woosh> No we don't
Me> So I guess this is the best plan for me then?
Woosh> I guess so. But if your usage exceeds 7GB next month we will call
you again.
Me> And we will have this same conversation?
Woosh> Correct
Me> Ok then, thanks, talk to you later.

Basically its as if they are using scare tactics but they have nothing to
threaten you with.....If I did it again, they would call and offer other
more suitable plans......which they don't have.....

Cheers
-John

-[Myth]-

Are the pings any good?
And also does anyone know if it is available in the ramarama/drury
areas? I am currently on jetstart and get an average ping when gaming on
local servers of about 50ms.
Where wrote:

> hi,
> Trying to decide wether to can jetstart and get woosh.. and feedback re
> speed etc... seems a good deal but im not to sure... any ideas?

carl

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd42109$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The no Telecom seems to be a biggie for me, I cant stand them(and not
> > because I got fired from Teletech/Xtra).

> Heh
> Teletech dont know what theyre doing 1/2 the time anyway . Ive been
> offered a job so many times to work for "Xtra" and turned it down cause I
> know its Teletech....

how do you get fired from Teletech? , only person I know was for 'celebrating'
christmas

samg

Roger Johnstone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:20031209220151965+1300
@news.inv.ihug.co.nz:

>>> Yeah, supposedly they have won the contract for Dunedin, so they
>>> should be here soon.

>> They were bolting stuff on the outside of the Kelvin Hotel in
>> Invercargill today. Can't be long to wait now.

> Woohoo! I'm paying $19 per month for dial-up Internet, plus $41 for a
> phone line which I only ever use for Internet access. That's $60 for a
> Telecom/ihug 48kbit/s dial-up connection, versus $65 for a Woosh

250kbit/
> s always-on connection. Gee, I wonder which one I'll be using...
>
>)

wish I had the choice...sigh

T.N.O.

carl wrote:
> how do you get fired from Teletech? , only person I know was for 'celebrating'
> christmas

Day prior to launch of Jetstart, I confirmed a web address to a
customer... I had been looking elsewhere for a while prior to that anyway.

The Celebration is legendry at Teletech... cant for the life of me
remember the name of the guy though.

T.N.O.

carl wrote:
>>>The no Telecom seems to be a biggie for me, I cant stand them(and not
>>>because I got fired from Teletech/Xtra).

> how do you get fired from Teletech? , only person I know was for 'celebrating'
> christmas

It is all documented here on usenet(nz.comp)... should be ~Jan Feb 2001
under either T.N.O. or barryogen, or something... shouldn't be too hard
to find.

matt

going by the diagrams on their website i would say the pings wouldnt be that
**** hot.

tell me if im wrong though

"-[Myth]-" <mythdl@No_SPAM.users.sourceforge.net[spam_go_away]> wrote in
message news:d3tBb.24410$(E-Mail Removed)...

Woosh to Woosh Toxickiwi NZ Computing 7 11-01-2004 08:55 AM
Is Woosh the answer? Rats NZ Computing 9 09-17-2003 07:15 PM
The REAL question about 'woosh' Evil Bastard NZ Computing 21 09-17-2003 12:23 PM
Woosh pricing! Carl Elphick NZ Computing 29 09-17-2003 07:43 AM
No word about woosh yet? tony11 NZ Computing 6 09-15-2003 07:22 AM

Advertisments