Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is Roger's writingOPK after all?

Is Roger's writingOPK after all?

Seagull

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnat tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
wrod as a wlohe.

Azmiang, huh?

--
Seagull

T.N.O.

Seagull wrote:
> Azmiang, huh?

Not really, this "research" has been making the rounds for quite some time.

Rider

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:br0hr2$271c1f$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Seagull wrote:
> > Azmiang, huh?

> Not really, this "research" has been making the rounds for quite some

time.

I expect we will still be seeing this 5 years from now

David Hallett

Seagull wrote:
> Azmiang, huh?

Perhaps you may be enlightened by reading this page:
http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~matt.davis/Cmabrigde/

David

Chris Mayhew

"Seagull" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsPPAb.11892$(E-Mail Removed):

> Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
> in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnat tihng is
> taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.
>
> The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
> porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
> istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
>
> Azmiang, huh?
>
> --
> Seagull

I hope you have your flame suit on for when Roger comes too after his
afternoon nap.

GraB

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:49:10 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Seagull wrote:
>> Azmiang, huh?

>Not really, this "research" has been making the rounds for quite some time.

Since September. Is that "quite some time"? Even if you did come
across it when it first came out it is still interesting. Go easy
with the cold water.

Brendan

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:47:15 +1300, "Seagull"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
>waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnat tihng is taht the
>frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.
>
>The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
>Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
>wrod as a wlohe.
>
>Azmiang, huh?

Seems to work also.

Wait until the spammers get ahold of the idea...

--

....Brendan

Under capitalism, man exploits man.
Under communism, it's just the opposite.
J.K.Galbraith

Note: All comments are copyright 2003, and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my reccollection'.

T.N.O.

GraB wrote:
>>>Azmiang, huh?

>>Not really, this "research" has been making the rounds for quite some time.

> Since September. Is that "quite some time"? Even if you did come
> across it when it first came out it is still interesting. Go easy
> with the cold water.

When it was ~1000 emails ago, then yeah, it was a long time ago.

At least in my world.

GraB

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:56:59 +1300, "T.N.O."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Not really, this "research" has been making the rounds for quite some time.

>> Since September. Is that "quite some time"? Even if you did come
>> across it when it first came out it is still interesting. Go easy
>> with the cold water.

>When it was ~1000 emails ago, then yeah, it was a long time ago.
>
>At least in my world.

I haven't seen it once by e-mail. The first time was in a maildrop
booklet Grapevine, a week ago.

-[Myth]-

http://www.stevesachs.com/jumbler.cgi