Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT: Mandrake the Dog

OT: Mandrake the Dog

T.N.O.

Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
blankly...

Well it was funny when he told me.

Bret

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:12:46 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
>said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
>blankly...
>
>Well it was funny when he told me.

It was funny when I read it

harry

T.N.O. wrote:
> Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
> said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
> blankly...
>
> Well it was funny when he told me.

Geek!
The alternatives might have been just as confusing to her though.
She might have named him after a dangerous root !
http://www.shamanshop.net/store/prod...D/0.0/file.htm
But more likely a Clark Gable like magician
http://www.kingfeatures.com/features...rake/about.htm

T.N.O.

harry wrote:
>>Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
>>said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
>>blankly...
>>Well it was funny when he told me.

> Geek!

hey, he resembles that remark...

one of my other mates said to me "guess what I just saw, the number
plate 'DEBIAN', I dont know what is sadder, that he has it, or that I
know what it means"

I told him both are equally sad.

John

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:12:46 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
>said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
>blankly...
>
>Well it was funny when he told me.

Someone in wellingtn has yellow a Porsche...

number plate PKZIP

GraB

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:17:42 +1300, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:12:46 +1300, "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
>>said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
>>blankly...
>>
>>Well it was funny when he told me.

>Someone in wellingtn has yellow a Porsche...
>
>number plate PKZIP

I have seen a number plate in Dunedin, I think belongs to a junk shop:
MSJUNK.

E.

T.N.O. wrote:
> Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
> said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
> blankly...
>
> Well it was funny when he told me.

Put hdparm on it's collar, it'll run faster.....
E.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

T.N.O. wrote:
> Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
> said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
> blankly...
>
> Well it was funny when he told me.

It's funny. Even more so that someone would actually call a dog 'Mandrake'
without knowing its a Linux thing!

Just finished upgrading my PC...it now runs like a dog...greyhound of course!

--
Kind regards,

Murray Symon

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:02:34 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> harry wrote:
>>>Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend

[snip]

> one of my other mates said to me "guess what I just saw, the number plate
> 'DEBIAN', I dont know what is sadder, that he has it, or that I know what
> it means"
>
> I told him both are equally sad.

Is it just possible that it is a mere coincidence and that the owners
are "Debbie and Ian" - the same as why Ian Murdock originally named
his Linux distribution in the first place?

Murray.

steve

T.N.O. allegedly said:

> Heh, my mates Girlfriend just got a dog, called it Mandrake, my friend
> said "heh, Linux, like Debian or Redhat" and she just looked at him
> blankly...
>
> Well it was funny when he told me.

"Mandrake the Magician" was a very popular comic strip 20-30 years ago.

Sort of a wizardy James Bond crossed with the Phantom.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers