Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD RW - vs + whats the difference

DVD RW - vs + whats the difference

Darren

Hi,

Whats the difference between a DVD writer that does - and one that does + ?

Thanks

Darren

Also can anyone recommend a laptop to buy, Im after something with DVD
writer, 15inch screen, around the $3000 mark.

I am very interested in this one
http://www.digicom.co.nz/index.php?v...&prod_id=40277

Any thoughts?

Thanks

news:bqecpi$i1t$(E-Mail Removed)...

?

> Thanks

T.N.O.

Darren wrote:
> Hi,
> Whats the difference between a DVD writer that does - and one that does + ?

| heh...

> Thanks

sorry.

XPD

"Darren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqecpi$i1t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Whats the difference between a DVD writer that does - and one that does +

?

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvd

Enjoy.

Andre Southgate

I can do these at $2800 + GST

andre at sapphiresolutions dot remove-this dot co dot nz

>>> Darren<(E-Mail Removed)> 1/12/03 04:37:11 p.m. >>>

>Also can anyone recommend a laptop to buy, Im after
>something with DVD
>writer, 15inch screen, around the $3000 mark.
>
>I am very interested in this one
>http://www.digicom.co.nz/index.php?v...ct.detail&prod

>_id=40277
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks
>
>"Darren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bqecpi$i1t$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whats the difference between a DVD writer that does -

and
>one that does +
>?
>>
>> Thanks

Mike

Darren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whats the difference between a DVD writer that does - and one that does + ?
>
> Thanks

Just competing formats. Dual format drives are common as muck now, and
should be the only thing you look for. I've found +R to be more
compatible, incl. with my 4-5 year old Sony DVD player (535, from memory).