Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Interspeed's disappearing act

Interspeed's disappearing act

Gav

Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
got bounced.

Thanks
Gav

sal

Contact the domain name commisioners office at www.dnc.org.nz

Brendon

Not sure either, but they are up and running again now. This is second time
in 2 days they have been down. This brings the total for me and 5 of my
sites to more than 5 times this year. I am about to switch my hosting
company unless they have a good reason this time!!!!

Their response from yesterday....
"It appears that a DNS / firewall issue caused an outage this morning.
This has been recitified; apologies for any inconvenience."

One unhappy customer here, I can assure you.
Brendon

"Gav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
got bounced.

Thanks
Gav

sal

Outages do happen from time to time, its a fact of life with hosting.
Do they not have a network status page? I find the worst thing is when
you can't go anywhere to find the current server status.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:01:05 +1300, "Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Not sure either, but they are up and running again now. This is second time
>in 2 days they have been down. This brings the total for me and 5 of my
>sites to more than 5 times this year. I am about to switch my hosting
>company unless they have a good reason this time!!!!
>
>Their response from yesterday....
>"It appears that a DNS / firewall issue caused an outage this morning.
>This has been recitified; apologies for any inconvenience."
>
>One unhappy customer here, I can assure you.
>Brendon
>
>"Gav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
>Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
>got bounced.
>
>Thanks
>Gav

Enkidu

On 28 Nov 2003 13:00:47 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Gav) wrote:

>Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
>Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
>got bounced.

http://www.interspeed.co.nz works for me.

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.

Robert Pollock

They can't be reached on the phone after office hours, and they never update
the system status page when outages like this happen, and they never think
to email their customers with an explanation or an apology. What do they
think we are paying them for? Maybe they think we all run hobby sites and
just don't care?

This has happened to me a lot more than five times this year.

On the other hand, the sites I have hosted with US based $5 a month services
are always up.

Very unhappy, also.

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9KVxb.13247$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure either, but they are up and running again now. This is second

time
> in 2 days they have been down. This brings the total for me and 5 of my
> sites to more than 5 times this year. I am about to switch my hosting
> company unless they have a good reason this time!!!!
>
> Their response from yesterday....
> "It appears that a DNS / firewall issue caused an outage this morning.
> This has been recitified; apologies for any inconvenience."
>
> One unhappy customer here, I can assure you.
> Brendon
>
> "Gav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
> Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
> got bounced.
>
> Thanks
> Gav

sal

Well their website is in an appalling state (broken links and images),
so it could be a sign that all is not well.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:54:11 +1300, "Robert Pollock"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They can't be reached on the phone after office hours, and they never update
>the system status page when outages like this happen, and they never think
>to email their customers with an explanation or an apology. What do they
>think we are paying them for? Maybe they think we all run hobby sites and
>just don't care?
>
>This has happened to me a lot more than five times this year.
>
>On the other hand, the sites I have hosted with US based $5 a month services
>are always up.
>
>Very unhappy, also.
>
>"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:9KVxb.13247$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not sure either, but they are up and running again now. This is second

>time
>> in 2 days they have been down. This brings the total for me and 5 of my
>> sites to more than 5 times this year. I am about to switch my hosting
>> company unless they have a good reason this time!!!!
>>
>> Their response from yesterday....
>> "It appears that a DNS / firewall issue caused an outage this morning.
>> This has been recitified; apologies for any inconvenience."
>>
>> One unhappy customer here, I can assure you.
>> Brendon
>>
>> "Gav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
>> Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
>> got bounced.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gav

Brendon

Site is back up now, Yes, so it is now reachable.
However, broken links are there, as they are supposedly in the process of an
upgrade to new servers, site etc. This is supposed to incorporate a new
'reseller' area, but this has been in progress for some time now, and was
due originally to be completed in August, which is the 'only' reason I have
persisted with them.

I would be interested Robert, if you could share who you deal with in the
States as an option of transferring my sites to.

Regards,
Brendon
"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 28 Nov 2003 13:00:47 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Gav) wrote:
> >
> >Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
> >Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
> >got bounced.
> >

> http://www.interspeed.co.nz works for me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
> --
>
> The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
> that the conspiracy is working.

Robert Pollock

I am using http://www.your-site.com/ and http://www.lunarpages.com/

You pay US$5.00 a month and US$7.95 a month respectively for hosting. I've
never had any problems with either of them. Lunarpages gives you 20 gigs of
transfer, so it would be the best choice if you have a high traffic site.

Cheers

Robert

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqargu$nt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Site is back up now, Yes, so it is now reachable.
> However, broken links are there, as they are supposedly in the process of

an
> upgrade to new servers, site etc. This is supposed to incorporate a new
> 'reseller' area, but this has been in progress for some time now, and was
> due originally to be completed in August, which is the 'only' reason I

have
> persisted with them.
>
> I would be interested Robert, if you could share who you deal with in the
> States as an option of transferring my sites to.
>
> Regards,
> Brendon
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On 28 Nov 2003 13:00:47 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Gav) wrote:
> > >
> > >Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
> > >Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
> > >got bounced.
> > >

> > http://www.interspeed.co.nz works for me.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cliff
> > --
> >
> > The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
> > that the conspiracy is working.

configure a wireless pci/usb adaptor to act as an access point =?Utf-8?B?QWxhbiBTYW5kZXJz?= Wireless Networking 3 07-05-2005 02:40 AM
Enabling a router to act as a frame-relay switch abrink Cisco 2 03-04-2005 06:22 PM
Error in ACT Liza K. ASP .Net 0 01-19-2004 08:36 AM
can the 1721 act as dns server/proxy? Ben Long Cisco 1 01-16-2004 07:18 PM
ValidationSummary Disappearing Act! John Mabbott ASP .Net 0 06-27-2003 03:51 PM

Advertisments