Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX

Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX

BackToNormal

Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.

Ive come up with the following speakers

Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX

Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
$1000

The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
distributor told me these have been solved

cheers

Dane
--
"People do not make decisions on facts, rather,
how they feel about the facts" Robert Consedine

Gregory Parker

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal)
wrote:

>Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
>bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
>
>Ive come up with the following speakers
>
>Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
>
>Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
>$1000
>
>The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
>distributor told me these have been solved
>
>cheers
>
>Dane

Save money and get the Logitech

BackToNormal

Gregory Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal)
> wrote:
>
> >Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
> >bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
> >
> >Ive come up with the following speakers
> >
> >Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
> >
> >Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
> >$1000
> >
> >The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
> >distributor told me these have been solved
> >
> >cheers
> >
> >Dane

> Save money and get the Logitech

If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
getting better reviews than the logitech

thanks
Dane
--
"People do not make decisions on facts, rather,
how they feel about the facts" Robert Consedine

Gregory Parker

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:24:10 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal)
wrote:

>Gregory Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
>> >bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
>> >
>> >Ive come up with the following speakers
>> >
>> >Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
>> >
>> >Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
>> >$1000
>> >
>> >The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
>> >distributor told me these have been solved
>> >
>> >cheers
>> >
>> >Dane

>> Save money and get the Logitech

>If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
>sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
>spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
>getting better reviews than the logitech
>
>thanks
>Dane

Read the Reviews they all can't be wrong..

I looked into the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and Creative Megaworks THX but found
that the price here is a boddy rip off, compared to the US price, but the
Logitech is not..

samg

(E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal) wrote in
news:1g569kl.1ndeoeb1c631vaN%(E-Mail Removed) p.nnz:

>> Save money and get the Logitech

> If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
> sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
> spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
> getting better reviews than the logitech
>
> thanks
> Dane

if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
compare to the 680s.

Gregory Parker

On 29 Nov 2003 23:25:01 +1300, samg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal) wrote in
>news:1g569kl.1ndeoeb1c631vaN%(E-Mail Removed) op.nnz:
>

>>> Save money and get the Logitech

>> If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
>> sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
>> spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
>> getting better reviews than the logitech
>>
>> thanks
>> Dane

>if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
>compare to the 680s.

Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
used..

BackToNormal

Gregory Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2003 23:25:01 +1300, samg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >(E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal) wrote in
> >news:1g569kl.1ndeoeb1c631vaN%(E-Mail Removed) op.nnz:

> >> If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
> >> sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
> >> spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
> >> getting better reviews than the logitech
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> Dane

> >if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
> >compare to the 680s.

> Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
> used..

I doubt the shop will let me take them home to test.
I will be testing them next weekend

Dane

--
"People do not make decisions on facts, rather,
how they feel about the facts" Robert Consedine

T.N.O.

Gregory Parker wrote:
> Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
> used..

OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

BackToNormal

T.N.O. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Gregory Parker wrote:
> > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
> > used..

> OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

Ive bought many pairs of speakers from a shop, never been disapointed
yet
Dane
--
"People do not make decisions on facts, rather,
how they feel about the facts" Robert Consedine

Gregory Parker

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:48:23 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) (BackToNormal)
wrote:

>T.N.O. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Gregory Parker wrote:
>> > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
>> > used..

>> OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

>Ive bought many pairs of speakers from a shop, never been disapointed
>yet
>Dane

Here is a very good site to find tests on a range of PC Speaker systems

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/