Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise Cable Very Slow today..

Paradise Cable Very Slow today..

Gregory Parker

Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very slow,
pages no loading sites not coming up.

Been like that all day..

T-Boy

says...

> Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very slow,
> pages no loading sites not coming up.
>
> Been like that all day..

I'd say it's just you, Woger - and all your 'mates' that have decided to
start DoS'g you. LOL

--
Duncan

steve

Gregory Parker allegedly said:

> Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very
> slow, pages no loading sites not coming up.
>
> Been like that all day..

Hard to pin down.

I thought it might be DNS....but from the command line, resolvs are
instantaneous. Throughput via ncftp is fine.

Yet the browser seems to struggle....suggesting to me that it might a
cacheing server issue.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

Enkidu

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:19:43 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gregory Parker allegedly said:
>
>> Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very
>> slow, pages no loading sites not coming up.
>>
>> Been like that all day..

>Hard to pin down.
>
>I thought it might be DNS....but from the command line, resolvs are
>instantaneous. Throughput via ncftp is fine.
>
>Yet the browser seems to struggle....suggesting to me that it might a
>cacheing server issue.

No problerm on Paradise ADSL. Have you checked what's being broadcast
on the wire?

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.

Gregory Parker

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:55:04 +1300, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:19:43 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Gregory Parker allegedly said:
>>
>>> Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very
>>> slow, pages no loading sites not coming up.
>>>
>>> Been like that all day..

>>Hard to pin down.
>>
>>I thought it might be DNS....but from the command line, resolvs are
>>instantaneous. Throughput via ncftp is fine.
>>
>>Yet the browser seems to struggle....suggesting to me that it might a
>>cacheing server issue.
>>

>No problerm on Paradise ADSL. Have you checked what's being broadcast
>on the wire?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

Ortheres here are having the same problem and took me 3 ot 4 goes to just try
and get these headers down just now..

steve

Enkidu allegedly said:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:19:43 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Gregory Parker allegedly said:
>>
>>> Seems to be running backwards, and one else are noticing it being very
>>> slow, pages no loading sites not coming up.
>>>
>>> Been like that all day..

>>Hard to pin down.
>>
>>I thought it might be DNS....but from the command line, resolvs are
>>instantaneous. Throughput via ncftp is fine.
>>
>>Yet the browser seems to struggle....suggesting to me that it might a
>>cacheing server issue.
>>

> No problerm on Paradise ADSL. Have you checked what's being broadcast
> on the wire?

It was only a problem (from my point of view) 3-4 times for about 2 minutes
each during the day. By the time I worked out it was lagging, it was OK
again each time.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers