Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > please help - setting up wireless network

please help - setting up wireless network

geepeetee

Hi

I am trying to wireless network my desktop and laptop using dlink cards (one
pci dwl 510 and a pc card dwl 610)

I have used the network setup wizard in control panel (both machines are
using xp) and followed the procedure using a usb memory stick to configure
the second pc (laptop) as instructed by the wizard.

The default mshome network is showing in the properties window of the
wireless network on both machines but neither shows it in available
networks. The wireless cards are working because other networks in the
neighbourhood are showing.

Any advice or directions to helpful websites or forums appreciated.

thanks

Gary

--
Visit my websites at
www.justjents.co.uk

Jack

Hi

Assuming that the Wireless is working (I.e. you can use the Internet from
both computers).

May be this can Help.

http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

to be shared.