Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ICQ SMS

ICQ SMS

Evans Leung

Hi,

I had problem sending sms message with icq sms (to a NZ vodafone network
mobile) since Sunday? Anyone else? i used the web-based icq.

E.,

Warwick

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:20:36 +1300, "Evans Leung"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I had problem sending sms message with icq sms (to a NZ vodafone network
>mobile) since Sunday? Anyone else? i used the web-based icq.
>
>E.,

Yup

Seems all SMS ive sent thru ICQ have not been delivered. I tested it
and know that 5 did not for sure, others I have less of an idea but
there were no replies so I doubt they did.

This is despite ICQ confirming the message has been delivered after
sending.

cheers
Warwick

Nicholas Sherlock

Warwick wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:20:36 +1300, "Evans Leung"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had problem sending sms message with icq sms (to a NZ vodafone
>> network mobile) since Sunday? Anyone else? i used the web-based
>> icq.
>>
>> E.,
>>

> Yup
>
> Seems all SMS ive sent thru ICQ have not been delivered. I tested it
> and know that 5 did not for sure, others I have less of an idea but
> there were no replies so I doubt they did.
>
> This is despite ICQ confirming the message has been delivered after
> sending.

The service that ICQ is using to send the messages has changed... maybe the
new provider hasn't got their **** together yet?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Worm

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpus5u$hgq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The service that ICQ is using to send the messages has changed... maybe

the
> new provider hasn't got their **** together yet?

Yeah, it used to be "Eastone Communications" or similar...now is smartfone.
Have only had 2-3 msgs successfully delivered. Perhaps there's an ICQ wide
quota per day?

Worm