Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 8.5 Gb DVD writers

Reply
Thread Tools

8.5 Gb DVD writers

 
 
Rats
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
these and who sells them?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JedMeister
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/33733.html

Might be another year on top of that for drives an media to reach here of
course

"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bprj87$1r4b1l$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
> these and who sells them?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mutlley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
>these and who sells them?
>

If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
sale.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rats
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
> Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
> sale.


The who?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Wilkinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
Hi there,

Rats wrote:
> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
>>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
>>sale.

>
>
> The who?


They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
like music and movies that they get a big commission from...

We don't do such stuff of course!

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Remove spamblocker to send replies direct to my email...

 
Reply With Quote
 
EAgle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003

"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bprth2$1ro3de$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
> > Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
> > sale.

>
> The who?
>
>

Motion Picture Association of America MPAA


 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:26:40 +1300, "Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
>these and who sells them?
>


There is a thread on this in alt.video.dvd.tech
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lebowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2003

"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> Rats wrote:
> > "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
> >>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
> >>sale.

> >
> >
> > The who?

>
> They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
> is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
> like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
>
> We don't do such stuff of course!
>

Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Gregory Parker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2003
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:04:55 +1300, "Lebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Rats wrote:
>> > "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> >>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
>> >>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
>> >>sale.
>> >
>> >
>> > The who?

>>
>> They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
>> is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
>> like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
>>
>> We don't do such stuff of course!
>>

>Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
>some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
>pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.
>
>




DVD RAM is the Only reliable method for backing up data, all the other methods
do not so and no burn error testing..


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Wilkinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2003
Hi there,

Lebowski wrote:
> "Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>Rats wrote:
>>
>>>"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>
>>>
>>>>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
>>>>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
>>>>sale.
>>>
>>>
>>>The who?

>>
>>They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
>>is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
>>like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
>>
>>We don't do such stuff of course!
>>

>
> Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
> some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
> pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.
>


Hehe! I'd archive a few WMV9 movies, and my win32 DLL collection (the ones
that allow my linux media players to play DRM-free content!)...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Remove spamblocker to send replies direct to my email...

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CD-DVD Writers moi Computer Support 3 09-09-2005 07:24 PM
2 DVD writers in one PC? Kenny Computer Support 6 09-08-2004 07:28 PM
A question about dvd/cd writers Hannibal Hayes Computer Support 6 05-13-2004 07:30 AM
F.A Via Ebay U.K :- Xbox - P.C - Playstatin 2 - Games and Hardware (Dvd Writers-Memory-H.D's ) No Reserves Paulmw DVD Video 0 01-11-2004 06:17 PM
Slim external DVD writers Alfred Molon Digital Photography 1 09-21-2003 04:53 AM



Advertisments