Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Quote of the day

Quote of the day

Nicholas Sherlock

David wrote:
> If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
> computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles
> per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.
> --Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld

I love this quote, as people think it's just a boring repetition of the "run
100000 miles on a millilitre of petrol" quote, right up until the end.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Lost

> get a million miles per gallon,

they haven't seen the electricity drain of an Intel Pentium 4 have they

David

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode once a year, killing everyone inside. --Robert X. Cringely,
InfoWorld

asdf

they probibly have, but have u seen the electricity drain on a room full of
valves!!!