Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > mid to mp3 ??

mid to mp3 ??

pour-lay

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:40:12 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson)
wrote:

>What software will convert mid to mp3??
>Any winamp plugins do this??
>Thanks

I wonder why you would want to. Apart from increasing the filesize
quite dramatically is there any worthwhile reason to do it?

Nicholas Sherlock

Steve Robertson wrote:
> What software will convert mid to mp3??
> Any winamp plugins do this??
> Thanks

The "WaveWriter" plugin that comes with Winamp will write it out to disk for
you as a wav file (Select it in output plugin configuration). Then you can
get an MP3 encoder program off the internet (Try http://www.download.com )

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Steve Robertson

What software will convert mid to mp3??
Any winamp plugins do this??
Thanks

Mike Dee

(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson) wrote in news:3fc06164$(E-Mail Removed):

> What software will convert mid to mp3??

"TiMidity++"
MIDI to mp3, .WAV, etc etc... Great freeware app.

David

"Steve Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fc06164$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What software will convert mid to mp3??
> Any winamp plugins do this??
> Thanks

One I use is dbpoweramp - it is free. Some people have issues with codecs
needing to be added - only needed if other than mp3's. I like it, it's fast.
lite and easy http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

David

Stuart

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> (E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson) wrote in news:3fc06164$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > What software will convert mid to mp3??

> "TiMidity++"
> MIDI to mp3, .WAV, etc etc... Great freeware app.

Requires a decent amount of patches tho... my eawpats directory is ~34MB.

Stuart

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Steve Robertson wrote:
> What software will convert mid to mp3??
> Any winamp plugins do this??
> Thanks

Not sure about Windows. I think I have audio software on Linux that will
do the job, but it relies on sampling the mpu401 wavetable device inbuilt
on the PC soundcard. If thats crappy (most are) then the MP3 you make will
also be crappy...

I use an external Roland MIDI sound-module, and that sounds much better than
any mpu401 device I've heard...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Stuart wrote:
> "Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson) wrote in news:3fc06164$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>>What software will convert mid to mp3??

>>"TiMidity++"
>>MIDI to mp3, .WAV, etc etc... Great freeware app.

> Requires a decent amount of patches tho... my eawpats directory is ~34MB.

I just tried it with a nice MIDI song. Using an external Roland MIDI module
it sounds heavenly, but not so with TiMidity...euurrrk! Its a pretty tinky
sounding wavetable set!!

--
Kind regards,