Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > woohoo SETI, another milestone reached.

woohoo SETI, another milestone reached.

steve

~misfit~ allegedly said:

> Bret wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new
>>> BOINC client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't
>>> *quite* as important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000

> Ok, you've talked me into it.
>
> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.

When I hit 25,000, I'll donate my 36 / day to you to help you out.

I have about 8 days to go.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

steve

Malcolm allegedly said:

> You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

You're in the wrong group, but!

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

~misfit~

steve wrote:
> ~misfit~ allegedly said:
>
>> Bret wrote:
>>>
>>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
>>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000

>> Ok, you've talked me into it.
>>
>> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.

> When I hit 25,000, I'll donate my 36 / day to you to help you out.
>

> I have about 8 days to go.

Wohoo! That would get me there in no time. Thanks.
--
~misfit~

Malcolm

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:58:44 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Malcolm allegedly said:
>
>> You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

> You're in the wrong group, but!

True.....but some cpu cycles are used for a nz.comp seti member...

Malcolm

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:45:20 +1300, ~misfit~ <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

> Bret wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new
>>> BOINC client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't
>>> *quite* as important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000

> Ok, you've talked me into it.
>
> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~

Hey ~misfit~ new target is 1007 ....
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/stats/country_113.html

Cheers

~misfit~

Malcolm wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:45:20 +1300, ~misfit~ <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bret wrote:
>>>
>>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
>>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000

>> Ok, you've talked me into it.
>>
>> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> Hey ~misfit~ new target is 1007 ....
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/stats/country_113.html
>
> Cheers

Damn! It is too. I better go for 1050 or something before I go back to
beta-testing BOINC.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Malcolm wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:58:44 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Malcolm allegedly said:
>>
>>> You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

>> You're in the wrong group, but!
>>

> True.....but some cpu cycles are used for a nz.comp seti member...

And much appreciated too, especially now.
--
~misfit~