Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > p2p.net.nz dead?

p2p.net.nz dead?

T.N.O.

anyone know anything about it?

Worm

Hmmm, so it is...

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone know anything about it?

Warwick

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:18:55 +1300, "Worm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hmmm, so it is...
>
>"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> anyone know anything about it?

Yup, Orcon removed the hosting service.
Too much bandwidth.
nzdc and the bubbledome have both gone (they were hosted on the same
box).

best
Warwick

T.N.O.

Warwick wrote:
> Yup, Orcon removed the hosting service.
> Too much bandwidth.
> nzdc and the bubbledome have both gone (they were hosted on the same
> box).

bugger... just when it was starting to become usefull.

But national traffic is *free* for ISPs isnt it?

Worm

"Warwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:18:55 +1300, "Worm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> Yup, Orcon removed the hosting service.
> Too much bandwidth.
> nzdc and the bubbledome have both gone (they were hosted on the same
> box).

Oh dear - what now for Jetstart users?

Worm

Warwick

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:53:42 +1300, "T.N.O."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Warwick wrote:
>> Yup, Orcon removed the hosting service.
>> Too much bandwidth.
>> nzdc and the bubbledome have both gone (they were hosted on the same
>> box).

>bugger... just when it was starting to become usefull.
>
>But national traffic is *free* for ISPs isnt it?

the p2p traffic is not an issue, since it is peer to peer.
Its the chat.
An op showed me the figures today, which I found incredible.

I would have thought about 10-12 bytes per second times by about 100
users on bubbledome and maybe 3 or 4 times that many on dcnz.

My estimate was out by an entire magnitude.

Phantom or Craig will have the exact data and I am sure they will give
it to you if you ask.

cheers

John Doe

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> anyone know anything about it?

dc.nzgames.co.nz is up, but is this address still blocked to
international traffic ? No kidding about this...

T.N.O.

Warwick wrote:
> Its the chat.
> My estimate was out by an entire magnitude.
> Phantom or Craig will have the exact data and I am sure they will give
> it to you if you ask.

Fine then, leave the hub, cut the chat... I have no probs with that.

Craig, do you have the numbers handy?

T.N.O.

John Doe wrote:
> dc.nzgames.co.nz is up, but is this address still blocked to
> international traffic ? No kidding about this...

thanks...

XPD

"Warwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:18:55 +1300, "Worm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hmmm, so it is...
> >
> >"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> anyone know anything about it?

> Yup, Orcon removed the hosting service.
> Too much bandwidth.
> nzdc and the bubbledome have both gone (they were hosted on the same
> box).
>
> best
> Warwick

Im sorry... too much bandwidth for running a hub ????? :-/
The files themselves arent going thru the hub.