Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Hey Lennier ! Time for a new newreader huh ?

Hey Lennier ! Time for a new newreader huh ?

Lennier

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:58:45 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> Mainlander wrote:
>>>What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader repost
>>>EVERYTHING he ever posted? I thought I was seriously tripping out there
>>>for a sec.. .

>> Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

> yeah noticed that, anyone heard from him?

Recently upgraded sound card - M-audio Revolution 7.1 - requiring
downloading and compiling all the ALSA programmes/drivers/libs.

ALSA still needs much refinement, IMHO.

Recently downloaded and installed Fedora Core 1.

Even more recently reformatted and reinstalled RedHat 9.

Yet even more recently used the RPMs from Fedora to upgrade those redhat
packages that I wanted updated.

I would suggest that people only use Fedora Core 1 as a source of
individual RPM packages for updating RedHat 9 - it is not as good as
RedHat 9.

Lennier

harry

Lennier wrote:

> Recently upgraded sound card - M-audio Revolution 7.1 - requiring
> downloading and compiling all the ALSA programmes/drivers/libs.
>
> ALSA still needs much refinement, IMHO.

Thats why its a live project.
It installs as precompiled binaries for kernel 2.4.22 in Debian though.
Its built in to kernel 2.6

Ping Mitch ( or another 'guru') re. what newreader? Rolf Computer Support 5 06-18-2006 03:23 PM
Help for Mozilla newreader. markus Firefox 1 11-24-2003 09:24 PM
Is it True that Lennier got himself a copy of Office 2003..? Paul Mathews NZ Computing 2 10-22-2003 10:35 AM
lennier Wally NZ Computing 17 09-03-2003 10:06 PM
HEY HEY HEY hold up...... Ron Williams MCSA 0 08-11-2003 07:19 PM

Advertisments