Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Evolution 1.4.3 (bug-fix release) now available.

Reply
Thread Tools

Evolution 1.4.3 (bug-fix release) now available.

 
 
Lennier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
I also took the opportunity to get the spelling checker to work, as I
didn't download that part last time.

It seems to be OK.

Lennier

--
I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether in whole or in part -
regardless of how it is stored or transmitted through Xtra's network.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lennier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:46:24 +1200, Porkchop wrote:

> If redhat fixed this issue like debian have then you could truly say Linux
> could be used by any windows user.


Linux should be used by a Linux user - not by someone as dull as a Windows
user.

Lennier

--
I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether in whole or in part -
regardless of how it is stored or transmitted through Xtra's network.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lennier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:17:17 +1200, Steve wrote:

> Lennier allegedly said:
>
>> I also took the opportunity to get the spelling checker to work, as I
>> didn't download that part last time.

>
> How did you install it?
>
> .deb?
> .rpm?
> .tar.gz?


I used the latest RPMs from:
http://www.mz.kernel.org/pub/ximian/...redhat-9-i386/


I had to use the -e --nodeps switches to remove all the old packages from
my computer, and then I used the -i --nodeps switches to install the
upgraded packages.

It has worked flawlessly since I upgraded it.

Lennier


--
I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether in whole or in part -
regardless of how it is stored or transmitted through Xtra's network.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Max Burke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
> Lennier scribbled:

>> Steven H wrote:


> Linux should be used by a Linux user - not by someone as dull as a
> Windows user.


>> so what your saying is that your linux penis is bigger than a windows
>> penis


> I am pleased to see that there are people out there who think they can
> tell me what I am saying.


You 'tell yourself' what you're quite well without needing the assistance of
anyone else....

> Altho', you used the wrong "your" - it should have been "you're".


No it shouldn't......

you're (yr; yer when unstressed)
You are.

your (yr, yr, yor; yer when unstressed) adjective
The possessive form of you
Abbr. yr.
1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type
familiar to the listener: not one of your two-bit philosophers; your basic
three-story frame house.
[Middle English, from Old English ower, genitive of g, ye. See you.]

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition.

FYI: As *you're* so keen on demonstrating *YOUR* accuracy with the English
language.

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
See Found Images at:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Max Burke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
> Lennier scribbled:

>> Steven H wrote:


> Linux should be used by a Linux user - not by someone as dull as a
> Windows user.


>> so what your saying is that your linux penis is bigger than a windows
>> penis


> I am pleased to see that there are people out there who think they can
> tell me what I am saying.


You 'tell yourself' what you're saying quite well without needing the
assistance of anyone else....

> Altho', you used the wrong "your" - it should have been "you're".


No it shouldn't......

you're (yr; yer when unstressed)
You are.

your (yr, yr, yor; yer when unstressed) adjective
The possessive form of you
Abbr. yr.
1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type
familiar to the listener: not one of your two-bit philosophers; your basic
three-story frame house.
[Middle English, from Old English ower, genitive of g, ye. See you.]

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition.

FYI: As you're so keen on demonstrating YOUR accuracy with the English
language.

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
See Found Images at:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/



--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
See Found Images at:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2003
In article <pan.2003.07.23.12.19.34.413099@TRACKER>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:03:13 +1200, Steven H wrote:
>
> >> Linux should be used by a Linux user - not by someone as dull as a
> >> Windows user.

> >
> > so what your saying is that your linux penis is bigger than a windows
> > penis

>
> I am pleased to see that there are people out there who think they can
> tell me what I am saying.
>
> Altho', you used the wrong "your" - it should have been "you're".


fnhell

where did you go to drag that one up, it was posted months ago

either its you're news serv or mine that is borked.

--
================================================== =
Steven H
 
Reply With Quote
 
T.N.O.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2003
Steven H wrote:
>>Altho', you used the wrong "your" - it should have been "you're".


> fnhell
> where did you go to drag that one up, it was posted months ago
> either its you're news serv or mine that is borked.


nah, just Lennier posting old messages.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2003
In article <bpu8tn$1s60dr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Steven H wrote:
> >>Altho', you used the wrong "your" - it should have been "you're".

>
> > fnhell
> > where did you go to drag that one up, it was posted months ago
> > either its you're news serv or mine that is borked.

>
> nah, just Lennier posting old messages.


what is he using OE or something!

--
================================================== =
Steven H
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Evolution 1.4.3 (bug-fix release) now available. Steve NZ Computing 21 11-21-2003 11:58 PM
Re: Evolution 1.4.3 (bug-fix release) now available. mdew NZ Computing 1 11-21-2003 09:56 AM
firebird 0.6.1 and evolution (???) dj tuchler Firefox 3 08-20-2003 12:32 AM
Next Evolution in ADO.NET Carlos Santana ASP .Net 0 08-14-2003 06:59 PM



Advertisments