Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > what do you guys think of war driving??

what do you guys think of war driving??

asdf

Subject says all?

madknoxie

In article <Olkvb.4869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Subject says all?

The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?

--
madknoxie

XPD

"madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Olkvb.4869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Subject says all?

> The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
>
> --
> madknoxie
> $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

If people are stupid enuff to leave their networks open, then its their
prob, therefore I dont see any problem with it

Richard Malcolm-Smith

asdf wrote:

> Subject says all?

faster then warwalking, not as fast as warflying tho..

asdf

"madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Olkvb.4869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Subject says all?

> The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
>
> --
> madknoxie
> $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

Yes, i was thinging of the ethics with it.

I got a wfi card yesterday, and had a drive around and was suprised at just
how many networks are around!

Daniel

asdf

I gess those big roof's make good ground plains for wifi antenas

"Don Hills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HZev/(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Olkvb.4869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Subject says all?

> Gotta love them Humvees.
>
> --
> Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand

SteveM

"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:TTkvb.4900$(E-Mail Removed):

> "madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <Olkvb.4869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Subject says all?

>> The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
>>
>> --
>> madknoxie
>> $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

> Yes, i was thinging of the ethics with it.
>
> I got a wfi card yesterday, and had a drive around and was suprised at
> just how many networks are around!
>
> Daniel

Not sure where you are Daniel, but in Auckland there has been approx 350
Wifi nodes detected and logged (w/ GPS co-ords) on http://www.wigle.net/

You can download a Java or Windows client to look at nodes anywhere in
the worldas long as there is a map available. I have made a mappack for
Greater Auckland (10 Meg) and the CBD (2 Meg) (available by emailing me)

I have just fitted out myself with an small external onmi antenna (w/
magmount) to connect to my Orinoco Gold card in either a laptop or a
Compaq Ipaq using netstumber or pocket warrior. Also off to buy a 12/230v
inverter to keep all this kit going in my car for more than an hour at a
time.....

Have a look at www.nzwireless.org for info on the local wireless scene.
(My nick is Bigted there)

SteveM

Don Hills

"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Subject says all?

Gotta love them Humvees.

T.N.O.

asdf wrote:
> Subject says all?

Kinda fun, but mostly just a way to waste time... I discover, and Map,
but don't do anything with them.

max barwell

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:50:50 +1300, asdf wrote:

> Subject says all?

I want to do it! but i have no car, no laptop, and no wifi gear, so i
guess i can't.

max

If you think you must modify the hash, think again David Mark Javascript 17 03-23-2010 08:08 PM
if you guys go non-hybrid blu-ray or hd-dvd.... you guys may be looking at laserdisc/sacd type sales. Doc Martian DVD Video 2 03-23-2006 06:01 PM
I think you guys converted me... John Salerno HTML 11 02-06-2006 04:52 PM
what do you guys think.. Darren MCSE 4 04-06-2005 02:28 AM
What do you guys think of this DVD/VHS player? ZForce DVD Video 5 12-04-2004 06:03 PM

Advertisments