Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cyber-bully encourages others to abuse victim

Cyber-bully encourages others to abuse victim

Gregory Parker

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz> wrote:

>A Lower Hutt schoolgirl who created a website to direct a wave of public
>abuse against a 12-year-old classmate had no idea how out of hand her very
>public revenge would get.
>
>The principal of the girls at the centre of New Zealand's first known case
>of cyber bullying said the pupil who set up the site was shocked at the
>level of abuse directed at her victim, some of it from pupils at other
>schools who knew neither girl.
>
>The Dominion Post reported yesterday that the site, created after a
>schoolyard spat between the girls, included a section where visitors were
>encouraged to post foul messages attacking the victim.
>
>(Continues....)
>
>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2733345a11,00.html

Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

wassup

A Lower Hutt schoolgirl who created a website to direct a wave of public
abuse against a 12-year-old classmate had no idea how out of hand her very
public revenge would get.

The principal of the girls at the centre of New Zealand's first known case
of cyber bullying said the pupil who set up the site was shocked at the
level of abuse directed at her victim, some of it from pupils at other
schools who knew neither girl.

The Dominion Post reported yesterday that the site, created after a
schoolyard spat between the girls, included a section where visitors were
encouraged to post foul messages attacking the victim.

(Continues....)

Jason M

wrote:

>New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?

>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2733345a11,00.html

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 21 Nov 2003, Gregory Parker wrote

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
> wrote:
>
>>A Lower Hutt schoolgirl who created a website to direct a wave of
>>public abuse against a 12-year-old classmate had no idea how out of
>>hand her very public revenge would get.
>>
>>The principal of the girls at the centre of New Zealand's first known
>>case of cyber bullying said the pupil who set up the site was shocked
>>at the level of abuse directed at her victim, some of it from pupils
>>at other schools who knew neither girl.
>>
>>The Dominion Post reported yesterday that the site, created after a
>>schoolyard spat between the girls, included a section where visitors
>>were encouraged to post foul messages attacking the victim.
>>
>>(Continues....)
>>
>>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2733345a11,00.html
>>

> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

Ask yourself why.

You are comparing apples with sour grapes.

She is a 12-year-old girl still at school; you are a not-far-from-70-
year-old man who thinks he knows it all (but doesn't).

There is NO similarity. NONE!

AD.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:

> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

Gregory Parker

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:54:37 +1300, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:
>
>> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

>It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

Na you mean the corpses in the crypt that I have the problems with..

AD.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:18:02 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:54:37 +1300, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:
>>
>>> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

>>It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

> Na you mean the corpses in the crypt that I have the problems with..

Hehe

At least you don't take it too seriously.

Patua te ngangara

"Jason M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
> wrote:
>
> >New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

> Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?

Thankyou Jason,
I was going to say something very similar,
well done

Redbaiter

Patua te ngangara says

> "Jason M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

> > Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?
> >

> Thankyou Jason,
> I was going to say something very similar,
> well done

Maybe you can explain how it is possible to bully someone when
participation is completely voluntary and one can select which
posts to read and which to ignore.

This is PC crap, and typcial of the lying stalking cheating fake
named scumbag Jason Mamford, the sneaking snooping copper who
through his intolerance of the views of others and his typically
extreme leftist totalitarian lack of respect for freedom of
expression, has caused more trouble on this ng than any other
poster. No wonder cops sometimes get a bad rap..

--
Redbaiter
In the leftist's lexicon, the lowest of the low

Ron McNulty

The DomPost article seems to suggest that this could be fixed by home users
using a firewall. Isn't technology clever!

Regards

Ron