Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Japanese Broad band

Japanese Broad band

JedMeister

Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm

Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than the
new BT deal.

The Japanese package includes modem rental, the service provider fee, and a
subscription to the company's IP (Internet Protocol) phone service, BBPhone,
offering dirt-cheap phone calls.

For an extra 1,000 yen, there is a wireless LAN pack available. On top of
all that, the whole caboodle is free for the first three months.

Makes me feel like when the All Blacks lost....

Tim

it's simililarly priced in Korea too. They also have VDSL upto 100mbit,
wireless, etc..

One cannot and really should not make comparisons with this country but lets
not think either that broadband should be a luxury...

"JedMeister" <spamclowns****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rf2vb.3912$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm
>
> Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
> just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than

the
> new BT deal.
>
> The Japanese package includes modem rental, the service provider fee, and

> subscription to the company's IP (Internet Protocol) phone service,

BBPhone,
> offering dirt-cheap phone calls.
>
> For an extra 1,000 yen, there is a wireless LAN pack available. On top of
> all that, the whole caboodle is free for the first three months.
>
> Makes me feel like when the All Blacks lost....

Mutlley

Do you see in todays NZ Herald that NZ is 21 out of 25 on broadband
usage.. ??

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>it's simililarly priced in Korea too. They also have VDSL upto 100mbit,
>wireless, etc..
>
>One cannot and really should not make comparisons with this country but lets
>not think either that broadband should be a luxury...
>

>"JedMeister" <spamclowns****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:Rf2vb.3912$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm
>>
>> Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
>> just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than

>the
>> new BT deal.
>>
>> The Japanese package includes modem rental, the service provider fee, and

>> subscription to the company's IP (Internet Protocol) phone service,

>BBPhone,
>> offering dirt-cheap phone calls.
>>
>> For an extra 1,000 yen, there is a wireless LAN pack available. On top of
>> all that, the whole caboodle is free for the first three months.
>>
>> Makes me feel like when the All Blacks lost....

jfwilson

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you see in todays NZ Herald that NZ is 21 out of 25 on broadband
> usage.. ??
>
> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >it's simililarly priced in Korea too. They also have VDSL upto 100mbit,
> >wireless, etc..
> >
> >One cannot and really should not make comparisons with this country but

lets
> >not think either that broadband should be a luxury...

Why? Is the hold up commercial expediency, ability, money or something
else?

Tim

> Why? Is the hold up commercial expediency, ability, money or something
> else?

Korea and Japan are geographically well situated, have very large and dense
city populations, and have governments that are willing and able to sink
huge sums of money into Internet infrastructure...

T.N.O.

JedMeister wrote:

> Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm
>
> Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
> just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than the
> new BT deal.

Geee, large population, in small geographic area, with probably ~50%
local traffic, and it's cheap.

Could economies of scale be occuring here?

Re: Broad Band Phone Service repairs Computer Support 1 10-01-2005 12:42 AM
Broad band Leveled Computer Support 1 05-29-2005 08:51 AM
from dial up to broad band Computer Support 16 03-28-2005 05:00 PM
Broad Band Now this is talking turkey Collector»NZ NZ Computing 14 01-04-2005 07:30 AM
Broad band connection Protocols Steve Computer Support 2 08-18-2004 12:31 AM

Advertisments