Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft support newsgroups

Microsoft support newsgroups

Brett Roberts

I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

Brett Roberts
Microsoft NZ
--
Our legal people have asked me to tell you that this posting is provided "AS
IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I'm pretty sure it also

Kookaburra

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:25:42 +1300, "Brett Roberts"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
>these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
>Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/
>
>Brett Roberts
>Microsoft NZ

Thanks I quite like to lurk in the

news://msnews.microsoft.com groups too

Cheers, Kooky

Enkidu

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
>these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
>Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

Brett, many local ISP carry these groups. It would probably be better
for people in NZ to try the news servers of their ISPs first.

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.

Keith

Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:25:42 +1300, "Brett Roberts"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
>>these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
>>Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/
>>

>Brett, many local ISP carry these groups. It would probably be better
>for people in NZ to try the news servers of their ISPs first.

Except.....

The microsoft.public.* groups originate on an MS news server
msnews.microsoft.com. People can either use the Web interface mentioned
above or point the news client directly at it. The news groups propagate
out onto Usenet and some ISPs pick them up.

I said "Except...." above because sometime MS does a bit of a reshuffle
and drops newsgroups. These orphan groups then only exist on Usenet and
the MVP boffins who hang out on the MS server never see peoples posts.
A classic example is m.p.word.general which I don't think exists in the
"official" MS hierarchy any more.