Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Open Office Writer and OLE

Open Office Writer and OLE

Chris Mayhew

Hi

Running OOo 1.1.0 on win98 I don't seem to be able to "break" the OLE links
between writer and calc.
Neither can I change them to "manual" update and there is no change if I
change the setting in Writer to "Never update links"

Saving the writer file after I make those changes just doesn't work - it
"remembers" the first settings ever used which is a bit of a pain cause 2
of the OLE objects (calc sheets) also require me to modify the link every
time I open the writer file. The file that the OLE is linked from takes
about a min to open and then when it does the links don't update
automatically anyway.

Does anybody know of any work around to this ?

TIA

steve

Chris Mayhew allegedly said:

> Hi
>
> Running OOo 1.1.0 on win98 I don't seem to be able to "break" the OLE
> links between writer and calc.
> Neither can I change them to "manual" update and there is no change if I
> change the setting in Writer to "Never update links"
>
> Saving the writer file after I make those changes just doesn't work - it
> "remembers" the first settings ever used which is a bit of a pain cause 2
> of the OLE objects (calc sheets) also require me to modify the link every
> time I open the writer file. The file that the OLE is linked from takes
> about a min to open and then when it does the links don't update
> automatically anyway.
>
> Does anybody know of any work around to this ?
>
> TIA

Don't forget to ask on the Open Office mailing list as well.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
Java and OLE (MS WORD or Open Office) Ed Java 0 07-26-2005 09:15 PM
Isn't DataGrid.Render(writer) supposed to automatically call RenderBeginTag(writer) and RenderEndTag(writer)? Henri ASP .Net Building Controls 1 07-13-2004 10:27 PM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments