Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > CA to offer free antivirus and firewall software to Windows users worldwide

CA to offer free antivirus and firewall software to Windows users worldwide

Kookaburra

COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.

eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
Internet threats.

CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
"Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
at:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.

more:
http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733

Cheers, Kooky

samg

Kookaburra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
> International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
> announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
> with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
> antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
>
> eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
> security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
> individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
> Internet threats.
>
> CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
> "Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
> featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
> at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.
>
> more:
> http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733
>

> Cheers, Kooky

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/learn_more.cfm

sounds interesting. If anyone gives it ago let us know what its like
(memory usage, any performance hits etc)

Eagle Eye

"samg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Kookaburra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
> > International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
> > announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
> > with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
> > antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
> >
> > eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
> > security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
> > individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
> > Internet threats.
> >
> > CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
> > "Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
> > featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
> > at:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.
> >
> > more:
> > http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733
> >

> > Cheers, Kooky

> http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/learn_more.cfm
>
> sounds interesting. If anyone gives it ago let us know what its like
> (memory usage, any performance hits etc)

I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
automatically. The firewall component of the EZ Armor is simply Zonealarm
rebranded, I think it's the ZA Plus version, but Zonealarm replaced with
'Etrust' and when I tried it, I think the version was older than the ZA
Plus. I think it was 3.x.xxx instead of 4.x.

Max Quordlepleen

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:45:42 GMT, "Eagle Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)>
proffered, in : news:bpf3kg$1mtrup$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
> automatically.

I use it in conjunction with Pegasus, and it does scan every email I
open, catching suspicious attachments very quickly.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

Eagle Eye

"Max Quordlepleen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:45:42 GMT, "Eagle Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> proffered, in : news:bpf3kg$1mtrup$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>
> > I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
> > automatically.

> I use it in conjunction with Pegasus, and it does scan every email I
> open, catching suspicious attachments very quickly.

I know the email gets scanned when attachments are opened...I meant that the
program doesn't automatically scan like it does in Norton.

Gregory Parker

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:21:09 +1300, "Eagle Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Max Quordlepleen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:45:42 GMT, "Eagle Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> proffered, in : news:bpf3kg$1mtrup$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>>
>> > I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
>> > automatically.

>> I use it in conjunction with Pegasus, and it does scan every email I
>> open, catching suspicious attachments very quickly.
>>

>I know the email gets scanned when attachments are opened...I meant that the
>program doesn't automatically scan like it does in Norton.

Jerry

Kookaburra wrote:

> COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
> International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
> announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
> with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
> antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.

Looks like nobody bothered to say ¨thanx¨ for the heads up.
So here goes: Thanx kookie, I´ll look into it for my Win box.

Was really gonna miss you considering your New Years resolution but you keep
popping up

Cheers,
Jerry©

Kookaburra

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:00:34 +1300, Jerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looks like nobody bothered to say ¨thanx¨ for the heads up.
>So here goes: Thanx kookie, I´ll look into it for my Win box.
>
>Was really gonna miss you considering your New Years resolution but you keep
>popping up
>
>Cheers,
>Jerry©

That's me I never stick to my New Year resolutions. Only way I could
have pulled this year's one off was too uninstall all my newsreaders.
I did uninstall 2 of them. ))

Cheers, Kooky