Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Charity Spammers

Charity Spammers

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:38:21 +0100, in article
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:57:06 +1300, steve wrote:
>
> >> i called them
> >> they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which
> >> sells them for 115 us dollars

> Which english company?

Read the second message in this thread, near the bottom.

> What they're doing is cmpletely illegal under UK law.

Mainlander

In article <vKCub.8228$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> "steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ljmub.8044$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
> >

> Yep got one the other day. Probably a harvested list of .nz addresses, since
> I'd never heard of them before their turd hit my inbox.

Probably sent by an organisation they engaged to fundraise. Fundraising
these days is a business and involves the use of phantom billsticking
(those posters that get put up in unauthorised places), telemarketing and
it appears spam emailing as well.

Check in the headers to see if you can identify that it was sent from an
actual different organisation.

HiM

"Andy Lawson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vKCub.8228$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ljmub.8044$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
> >

> Yep got one the other day. Probably a harvested list of .nz addresses,

since
> I'd never heard of them before their turd hit my inbox.

yes they got the email list " purchased " from an english company who is
selling them worldwide for 115 us buks per batch

spam

Cheapest online donating tool? for charity. Paul Turner HTML 14 02-20-2006 01:09 AM
Abit BH6 motherboards ( donated to a charity ) - what is CPU limit if using a Socket 370 convertor ??? no-name Computer Support 2 05-30-2004 03:43 AM
charity The Poet Computer Support 2 11-18-2003 10:36 PM
Re: Charity appeal Mcploppy Computer Support 2 08-07-2003 08:07 AM
Re: Charity appeal Monsignor Larville Jones MD Computer Support 0 08-05-2003 11:39 PM

Advertisments