Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Hows woosh looking guys

Hows woosh looking guys

Peter

Hi

I am curious for any reports about woosh.

Its it good value for money. ?

Does it really work?

Will xtra have a similar service. ?

do you think there will be a price war...?

Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.etchpad.com/

T.N.O.

Peter wrote:
> Its it good value for money. ?

Look reasonable.

> Does it really work?

Seems to, havent seen or heard any complaints.

> Will xtra have a similar service. ?

Wireless? doubt it, 256K, they do, but it sucks because of the caps
imposed, will it get better, only time will tell.

> do you think there will be a price war...?

not unless woosh get very very popular.

Mark.

IMO, if the local loop is unbundled, Woosh will go under or be bought
out within 2 years, depending on how quickly they cut costs i.e. layoffs.

If the loop is not unbundled then Woosh will expand slowly, whilst
keeping speeds and caps low, in effect creating another Telecom that is
happy with maintaining the status quo of price gouging.

steve

Mark. allegedly said:

> IMO, if the local loop is unbundled, Woosh will go under or be bought
> out within 2 years, depending on how quickly they cut costs i.e. layoffs.
>
> If the loop is not unbundled then Woosh will expand slowly, whilst
> keeping speeds and caps low, in effect creating another Telecom that is
> happy with maintaining the status quo of price gouging.

Woosh would move into the local loop......and supplement/extend it with
radio.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

Gordon

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:54:17 +1300, steve wrote:

> Woosh would move into the local loop......and supplement/extend it with
> radio.

Agreed this may will happen. Woosh is a company, not a technology.