Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Help needed please

Help needed please

Kookaburra

Unskilled operator here.

Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?

I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
going to try to put it in manually.

Can somebody help me please.

Cheers, Kooky

rob

"Kookaburra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unskilled operator here.
>
> Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
>
> I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
> which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
> Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
> going to try to put it in manually.
>
> Can somebody help me please.
>

> Cheers, Kooky

not sure if I understand correctly but...
double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
click and drag finger on touchpad?
that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
rgds
rob

Kookaburra

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:05 +1300, "rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>not sure if I understand correctly but...
>double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
>click and drag finger on touchpad?
>that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
>rgds
>rob

Brilliant!! Thank you so much Rob. ))

Cheers, Kooky

Nelly

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:46:06 +1300, Kookaburra
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Unskilled operator here.
>
> Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
>
>I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
>which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
>Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
>going to try to put it in manually.
>
>Can somebody help me please.
>

>Cheers, Kooky

Under the mouse properties have a look at the 'Tapping' key and 'Drag
lock' settings. I haven't tried it myself but am guessing that could
be it. Otherwise 'Orientation' I don't really know what that does
though.

Nelly.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

rob

"Kookaburra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:05 +1300, "rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >not sure if I understand correctly but...
> >double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
> >click and drag finger on touchpad?
> >that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
> >rgds
> >rob
> >

> Brilliant!! Thank you so much Rob. ))
>

> Cheers, Kooky

no problem
nice to be able to give a bit back to the group

Dave Taylor

Kookaburra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Unskilled operator here.
>
> Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
>
> I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
> which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
> Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
> going to try to put it in manually.
>
> Can somebody help me please.
>

> Cheers, Kooky

Use Shift and cursor to highlight.
Use control C to copy.
Use control V to paste.

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Unskilled operator here.
>
> Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
>
> I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
> which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
> Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
> going to try to put it in manually.
>
> Can somebody help me please.

Drag, isn't it that intuitive?

Or press Ctrl A Ctrl C, or Shift right arrow

Check your touchpad documentation, they often have different ways of
doing things, like maybe a tap and drag will do the same thing.

Nicholas Sherlock

Kookaburra wrote:
> Unskilled operator here.
>
> Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
>
> I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
> which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
> Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
> going to try to put it in manually.
>
> Can somebody help me please.

You can click at the start of the text, then hold down the left mouse button
provided, drag your finger across, then let go of the button.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Kookaburra

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Unskilled operator here.

Thanks everyone I got it sussed after Rob's instructions.

Cheers, Kooky