Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Computer monitor clear picture, but sideways the picture can not be adjusted.

Computer monitor clear picture, but sideways the picture can not be adjusted.

asdf

http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG

This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to adjusted it
change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do with
the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix this???
what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would do it
cheaply?

Daniel

Stuart

"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5X%tb.762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG
>
> This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
> picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to adjusted it
> change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do with
> the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix this???
> what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would do

it
> cheaply?

A friend of mine had this happen to his monitor. He used to be able to fix
it by banging it a few times, but that stopped working after a while
(gee...)

Apparently it was caused by cheap, unshielded speakers he had next to his
monitor. It wasn't worth fixing, they told him.

Stuart

Craig Sutton

"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:bpa71n$vfj$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5X%tb.762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG
> >
> > This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
> > picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to adjusted

it
> > change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do

with
> > the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix

this???
> > what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would do

> it
> > cheaply?

> A friend of mine had this happen to his monitor. He used to be able to fix
> it by banging it a few times, but that stopped working after a while
> (gee...)
>
> Apparently it was caused by cheap, unshielded speakers he had next to his
> monitor. It wasn't worth fixing, they told him.

Looks like it Could be set at a refresh rate the moniter can't handle.????
..

Warwick

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:14:18 +1300, "Stuart"
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

>"asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:5X%tb.762$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG
>>
>> This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
>> picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to adjusted it
>> change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do with
>> the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix this???
>> what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would do

>it
>> cheaply?

>A friend of mine had this happen to his monitor. He used to be able to fix
>it by banging it a few times, but that stopped working after a while
>(gee...)
>
>Apparently it was caused by cheap, unshielded speakers he had next to his
>monitor. It wasn't worth fixing, they told him.
>
>Stuart

Who was they? Sounds a bit suspect to me.
Stray magnetic fields from speaker etc cause discoloured areas because
the electron beams been bent and go thru the wrong hole in the shadow
mask. It is fixed by deGaussing. (and moving whatever is causing the
magnetic noise further away from the monitor).

This is a volatage problem I think, the electron beams are not being
bent far enough horizontally.

best
Warwick

asdf

Refresh rate is at 60, so I don't think that that is likely.

Daniel

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpa8nv$3su$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in

message
> news:bpa71n$vfj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:5X%tb.762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG
> > >
> > > This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
> > > picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to

adjusted
> it
> > > change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do

> with
> > > the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix

> this???
> > > what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would

do
> > it
> > > cheaply?

> > A friend of mine had this happen to his monitor. He used to be able to

fix
> > it by banging it a few times, but that stopped working after a while
> > (gee...)
> >
> > Apparently it was caused by cheap, unshielded speakers he had next to

his
> > monitor. It wasn't worth fixing, they told him.
> >

> Looks like it Could be set at a refresh rate the moniter can't handle.????
> .

asdf

Tryed banging it, no help!

Dan
"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:bpa71n$vfj$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5X%tb.762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~farley/P1010008.JPG
> >
> > This is a pic of what I mean, the computer monitor shows a good sharp
> > picture, but it is all squeezed up narrow, and the controls to adjusted

it
> > change, but don't change the picture. my guess is that its got to do

with
> > the magnets that pull the picture out.. any idea as to how to fix

this???
> > what I should do.. or anyone recommend someone / somewhere that would do

> it
> > cheaply?

> A friend of mine had this happen to his monitor. He used to be able to fix
> it by banging it a few times, but that stopped working after a while
> (gee...)
>
> Apparently it was caused by cheap, unshielded speakers he had next to his
> monitor. It wasn't worth fixing, they told him.
>
> Stuart

Nicholas Sherlock

asdf wrote:
> Tryed banging it, no help!

Last time I had a problem like this, rolling the monitor down the flight of
stairs helped alot... for my mental wellbeing.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

asdf

lol
"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpbk1j$47n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> asdf wrote:
> > Tryed banging it, no help!

> Last time I had a problem like this, rolling the monitor down the flight

of
> stairs helped alot... for my mental wellbeing.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:37:39 +1300, asdf wrote:

> Refresh rate is at 60, so I don't think that that is likely.

Ew. Headache city.

IIRC current OSH guidelines state that the refresh has to be at least 72Hz

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, alanb+google4
@digistar.com says...
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:37:39 +1300, asdf wrote:
>
> > Refresh rate is at 60, so I don't think that that is likely.

> Ew. Headache city.
>
> IIRC current OSH guidelines state that the refresh has to be at least 72Hz

PC isn't it? At 640 x 480 60 Hz is just about right IIRC.