Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Giving Password Manager a helping hand ...

Giving Password Manager a helping hand ...

Ken

Am starting over with a new computer and my re-installed Mozilla Suite.
Have lost all my old settings and tweaks. Password Manager asks about
remembering some User Names and Passwords, i.e., for certain sites ...
but not for others (e.g., banks). I know that there's a way to make
Password Manager remember virtually all such information. Please, can
someone point me to where and how to do such tweaking?

Thanks - Ken

Ed Mullen

Ken wrote:
> Am starting over with a new computer and my re-installed Mozilla Suite.
> Have lost all my old settings and tweaks. Password Manager asks about
> remembering some User Names and Passwords, i.e., for certain sites ...
> but not for others (e.g., banks). I know that there's a way to make
> Password Manager remember virtually all such information. Please, can
> someone point me to where and how to do such tweaking?
>
> Thanks - Ken

http://www.google.com/search?query=b...emember&num=50

The first link is the password bookmarklet.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

gwtc

Ken wrote:

> Am starting over with a new computer and my re-installed Mozilla Suite.
> Have lost all my old settings and tweaks. Password Manager asks about
> remembering some User Names and Passwords, i.e., for certain sites ...
> but not for others (e.g., banks). I know that there's a way to make
> Password Manager remember virtually all such information. Please, can
> someone point me to where and how to do such tweaking?
>
> Thanks - Ken

Try the remember password bookmarklet:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password

Ken

gwtc wrote:
> Ken wrote:
>
>> Am starting over with a new computer and my re-installed Mozilla
>> Suite. Have lost all my old settings and tweaks. Password Manager
>> asks about remembering some User Names and Passwords, i.e., for
>> certain sites ... but not for others (e.g., banks). I know that
>> there's a way to make Password Manager remember virtually all such
>> information. Please, can someone point me to where and how to do such
>> tweaking?
>>
>> Thanks - Ken

> Try the remember password bookmarklet:
> http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password

Didn't work for either of my banks! Am trying out something called
RoboForm.

- Ken