Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > mp3.com folds

mp3.com folds

steve

CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
MP3.com, Inc.

Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the
MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.

CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce a new MP3 music service in the near
future. If you would like to receive email updates on this service,
including an invitation to a special members-only preview, please sign up
here.

MP3.com is not transferring your personal information to CNET Networks, Inc.
or any other third party.

On behalf of all of us at MP3.com we thank you for your patronage and
continued support. It has been a privilege to host one of the largest and
most diverse collections of music in the world. MP3.com wishes to express
its sincere thanks to each of you for making us your premier destination
for music online.

Sincerely,
MP3.com

P.S. Remember that to receive email updates about CNET's new MP3 service and
an invite to the members-only preview, you should sign up here today.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers

asdf

MP3.com was good, what will happen to it now CNET has it?

news:a53tb.7073$(E-Mail Removed)...
> CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
> MP3.com, Inc.
>
> Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the
> MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.
>
> CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce a new MP3 music service in the near
> future. If you would like to receive email updates on this service,
> including an invitation to a special members-only preview, please sign up
> here.
>
> MP3.com is not transferring your personal information to CNET Networks,

Inc.
> or any other third party.
>
> On behalf of all of us at MP3.com we thank you for your patronage and
> continued support. It has been a privilege to host one of the largest and
> most diverse collections of music in the world. MP3.com wishes to express
> its sincere thanks to each of you for making us your premier destination
> for music online.
>
> Sincerely,
> MP3.com
>
> P.S. Remember that to receive email updates about CNET's new MP3 service

and
> an invite to the members-only preview, you should sign up here today.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Steve Withers
> defenestrate: The act of throwing Windows out the window and replacing it

on
> your PC with some other operating system.

harry

news:a53tb.7073$(E-Mail Removed)...
> CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of
> MP3.com, Inc.

<snip>
Hah, its just another move in the game of Pigopoly, called we're in the
****, sell something !

It has been owned by those champions of free content French media
conglomerate Universal Vivendi since 2001.
"San Francisco-based CNET Networks said it has signed a definitive agreement
with Vivendi Universal Net USA to acquire the assets of MP3.com, with the
deal scheduled to close in December. Terms of the transaction were not
released. CNET Networks operates an array of technology-oriented Web sites
including CNET.com, Builder.com, GameSpot, mySimon.com, News.com and ZDNet.
"

steve

asdf allegedly said:

> MP3.com was good, what will happen to it now CNET has it?

The note implies it is going members-only.

--
Best Regards,
Steve Withers